*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1533400-Review-Merryll-Manning-Mystery-Island
Rated: ASR · Review · Detective · #1533400
Hat-Tossing Feb 09 review of Merryll Manning Trapped on Mystery Island
Under the heading, "Fatal February", the following review by Danelle Drake was published in "Reader Views" (February, 2009):

John Howard Reid has created excellence in “Merryll Manning: Trapped on Mystery Island”.  “Mystery Island” is the first in a very highly acclaimed series of mystery novels that came to fruition in 1985.  Merryll Manning is the classic hero in this suspense series and John Howard Reid is dead-on with this perfect character.  You have the police sergeant working in the perfect setting of Miami, Florida.  A hub for shady characters, various criminal activities and bikini-clad hotties Miami gives Merryll many headache-filled evenings. His petite super-cutie assistant, Susan Alexis Devoro Ford, is half his age and full of spunk.  Wrapped around her pinkie-finger Merry really toes-the-line when it comes to his assistant.

I always struggle when writing about fiction works.  I really don’t want to spoil anything for the future reader, as I have had books ruined with just one phrase from others who have read the book.  Let me just say, you must read this book.  I can’t wait to get the next installment; “Merryll Manning: The Health Farm Murders.”  I love it when you close a good book and know there is more to follow.  John Howard Reid is sure to have a great many followers eager to read each book in this wonderful series.  From the eerie-cover to the final paragraph I was hooked on “Merryll Manning: Trapped on Mystery Island.”

ASIN: 1435720857
ID #109695
Product Type: Book
Reviewer: johnhowardreid
Review Rated: E
  Setting:
  Story Plot:
  Length of :
  Overall Quality:
Amazon's Price: $ 12.50
© Copyright 2009 johnhowardreid (rastar7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1533400-Review-Merryll-Manning-Mystery-Island