*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1572313-Help-Me-Home
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1572313
7 Kids + 2 Countries = 1 War and a long journey
January 27
10:57 pm  Saturday night

I have to write it down. If I don’t then no one will ever know. I’m the world’s only hope if they want to know the truth about what happened that year. The press will tell you some of it, but not the whole truth. Not the fact that people were forced to do this. People were killed murderously. The world needs to hear it from a real person’s point of view. That’s what I’m here for.

I will never forget a single detail about that horrible day. I remember the sights, the smells, and the sounds. How could I even try to forget the worst day in my history, the day Germany declared war on the U.S. and every American visiting the country was captured and forced to fight. I couldn’t forget that it was all my fault we were here in the first place, or that if it wasn’t for me we wouldn’t have been captured. No matter how hard I tried I couldn’t forget, scratch that, I wouldn’t forget.

Wait, let me start from the beginning.

My name is Kanli Navarro. I’m a fifteen year old Mexican-American and speak a little Spanish. I have an older sister named Palera, Paly for short, whose eighteen and a younger sister named Ani whose seven. I’m a regular girl with school, homework, friends, and parental issues. Well, I was a regular girl but “The Trip” changed that.

You see, I love going on vacation with my family and this year we decided to go out of the country. I had been obsessed with Germany for some time and told my family about it. They said “will see” and every teenager knows that means no. So I was as surprised as my sisters when they announced we were going to Germany for winter break.

I was SUPER excited and couldn’t wait. I annoyed my friends so much just talking about it that when we were on the phone and I brought up the trip, they would hang up on me.

To me it took FOREVER but finally we were getting ready for our trip to Germany. We were taking all of our cousins with us. So it was me, Paly, Ani, our parents, my 13 year old cousin Alexander, his 10 year old brother Jayden, and our little four year old cousin Julio. Their parents couldn’t get off of work yet so we were going ahead and they were going to meet us there.

Hold on, I hear footsteps. Someone’s coming. I have to hide this quickly or else there will be trouble. So much trouble
© Copyright 2009 <3NINA<3 (ladypup13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1572313-Help-Me-Home