*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1609858-Morven-Mansion
Rated: E · Novel · Dark · #1609858
A story about the supernatural.
There is only one road that leads to and from Morven Mansion....

The elegant and grandiose house stands on its own in a quiet meadow, with the tall sparse trees menacingly towering over house and bleeding into the skyline. The hill behind the house glistens, the frost gently dancing on each blade of grass as the moonlight flickers in between the trees.

Much time and effort was put into this grand manor, each white column carefully crafted to perfection, the family crest hugging each curve as it scrolled around to the base of the solid concrete. The rest of the building was built immaculately, the smart red bricks sanwiched in between generous amount of cement. The founder of this building had hoped it would last for all time and provide a home for future generations, only this wasn't to be the case.

The giant oak door on the front porch didnt hang elegantly as it once did back then, it was partially boarded up with what seemed to be a cheap imitation. The windows were badly smashed, each square segment carried a hole some were the small size of a pebble others looked as though bricks and rocks fractured the fragile glass.

Looking through the ground floor windows, the mahogany floorboards go undisturbed, dust and debris are scattered throughout the home. No children running through the house, no laughter, no parties and music. No one has been here for a very long time. In fact, the only people who walk these floors are the ones us humans are not supposed to see.

The house now stands perfectly still, lifeless apart from the occassional wailing that carries through the broken windows out into the air towards the townspeople of Atherton. Empty and waiting for the next tenants to uncover the truth.

'I'm sure that this is the perfect place for you Mr and Mrs Wilson. Granted it needs a little work, but I bet she'll be a real beauty when its all spruced up.'

The heavily pregnant woman turned to the estate agent 'who lived here before Tanya?' The estate agent shifted slightly side to side while nervously twiddling her long blonde hair.

'A family lived here long ago, but had decided to leave the area. The home has been empty ever since. I'm sure it will be the perfect family home you've been wishing for'.

The husband joined his wife and the estate agent after taking a quick walk round the property. Smiling he turned to the estate agent and said 'Miss McKendrick, we'll take it'.

'Excellent', she squeaked in excitement. 'I'll just get the paperwork and keys from the car'.

Tanya returned a few moments later and the couple signed the paperwork as Tanya handed the keys. Smiling she turned to the couple and said 'i hope you'll be very happy here' before turning on her heels and hot footing it to her car.

As she climbed and and turned the ingition, her mobile rang shrilly with the standard nokia tone.

'McKendrick...yeah boss I sold it, nope I didnt tell them what happened in the house, yeup, lets hope we've finally got shot of the place. I'll be back in the office soon' and with that she hung up.
© Copyright 2009 Nasreen Chaudhary (mamacitanaz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1609858-Morven-Mansion