Outline of resolutions for 2010
|MY GUIDING PRINCIPLE FOR THE YEAR;
True contentment is a real, even an active virtue--not only affirmative but creative. It is the power of getting out of any situation all there is in it.
MY ACTUAL RESOLUTIONS FOR 2010:
--this is intended to be a dynamic list; a work-in-progress:
1. START EACH DAY WITH A SPIRITUAL QUIET TIME
--view hopes, plans for day, and daily schedule already written in daytimer
--choose memory verse for day
--pray with specificity, asking for desires and thanking for my blessings
2. BE POSITIVE AND PROMISING
3. BE THE WOMAN I EXPECT MYSELF TO BE
--a person I can admire and look up to; a person able to find good in everything and expect good out of every situation
4. THINK BEFORE I ACT OR SPEAK OR WRITE
5. REMEMBER TO ONLY TO TRY TO "EAT THE WHALE" ONE BITE AT A TIME
--the rest of the methods give you heartburn and a headache!
6. PLACE LESS SELF-IMPOSED STRESS AND TENSION ON LIFE
--enough comes free with each day!
7. MAINTAIN HEALTH, DIET, STRENGTH AND PEACE OF MIND
--to be a "grateful liver" (my special term of gratitude)
8. TO BE PART OF THE SOLUTION, AND NOT PART OF THE PROBLEM
9. TO VIEW LIFE AS A LANDSCAPE PAINTED WITH A BROAD COLORFUL BRUSH RATHER THAN DRAWN AS A DARK, RIGID LINE THAT HAS TO BE TOWED
--with joyful, thorough living
--to live like there is more than enough love, time and happiness to go around!
10. TO MAKE REAL AND HONEST PEACE WI TH MY PAST, HEALTH, AND FUTURE POTENTIAL
--peace with people, places and decisions
11. DEFY MY BELIEF OF MY SET DESTINY; INSTEAD, ASPIRE FOR BETTER
--figure out what the essence of what I want to be is; then seize it gently from behind and don't let it wriggle off!
12. REWARD INSTEAD OF CRITICIZE WHENEVER POSSIBLE