*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1643536-Running-Out-of-Options-solutions
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1643536
Life choices depend on solutions to problems that we call life, living on life's terms.
The matters of the heart can sometimes be difficult,decisions are important. I have studied articles on frustration and anger, Wikipedia describes it as, a common emotional response to opposition.
We can identify it, put labels on it, cover it up, but eventually we may respond in a negative way, Our feelings get the best of us, Frustration can be considered a problem-response behavior, and can have a number of effects, depending on the mental health of the individual. In positive cases, this frustration will build until a level that is too great for the individual to contend with, and thus produce action directed at solving the inherent problem. In negative cases, however, the individual may perceive the source of frustration to be outside of their control, and thus the frustration will continue to build, leading eventually to further problematic behavior (e.g. violent reaction).

Stubborn refusal to respond to new conditions affecting the goal, such as removal or modification of the barrier, sometimes occurs. As pointed out by Brown, severe punishment may cause individuals to continue nonadaptive behavior blindly: “Either it may have an effect opposite to that of reward and as such, discourage the repetition of the act, or, by functioning as a frustrating agent, it may lead to fixation and the other symptoms of frustration as well. It follows that punishment is a dangerous tool, since it often has effects which are entirely the opposite of those desired”
(Wikipedia) frustration. I wanted to add this paragraph in at a time when appropriated, It's joggle seems too much to understand when it's simply easier to vent. What does this have to do with recovery or loss? everything. Here's your opportunity to get it out there, an honest approach. Truth will reveal the rooted feelings of frustration and anger.
© Copyright 2010 GeorgeMaris (georgemaris at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1643536-Running-Out-of-Options-solutions