*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1646172-Party-At-The-Centre-of-The-Earth
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1646172
Sometimes, you can delve a little too deep.
The blackness was the first thing that told me something was wrong. It was unlike anything I had felt before, through years of diving the deepest caves in the world. It had presence, a sense of malevolent intent. I set my tanks down on the shore, and pulled a glowstick from its holster. I cracked the glass ampoule, and eerie green light lit an enormous cavern, all sparkling crystals and dripping stalactites. I held my nose and cleared the water from my ears, and I knew something was out of place. At first the recursive thump could be passed over, perhaps caused by a blockage, but now the sound was clearer. I made my way forward, inching across the slick rock. Out of the gloom appeared a passageway, outlined by a red glow. I stepped round the corner to be greeted by a pair of men dressed in crisp black suits. Canine masks covered their faces.

“You here for the party, mate?”

“I …I’m not sure.” At that point in time, I wasn’t sure of anything.

“Well, you wouldn’t be here if you weren’t.” An odd glint played in his eyes. “You can trust me on that.”

I looked beyond them, catching a glimpse of a maelstrom of flesh and colour, a carnival drawing me inexorably towards it. I moved towards the door, only to be stopped by a burly arm.

“You got the cover?”

I patted my wetsuit, and offered an apologetic look.

“Ok, I'll let you off, for now.”

Now entirely submerged in the sights beyond the door I moved forward, unthinking.

“But you're going to pay for this. For a long, long time,” he cackled, as the scene tore apart.
© Copyright 2010 Paradoxical (rabidbaboon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1646172-Party-At-The-Centre-of-The-Earth