*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1682052-Jutro
by Emily
Rated: E · Review · History · #1682052
A Review of the International sensational play : Jutro
Jutro

Star Star Star Star

Actors: James Cunningham and Keren Tahor
Director: Helen Iskandor
Original Music: Dan Selsick
Design: Lisa Young

A humourous, physical theatre piece with fantastic insight into the emotional challenges of being a Jew in WW2.
Janusz (Cunningham) works in a bar as a bartender with Mina (Tahor) who works as their showgirl. The street the bar is placed on gets bombed during WW2, leaving the practically trapped inside, the only way out being a vent in the roof. Her beng Jewish and him Polish, they remain in hiding during the war. Together they experience loss of friends, lovers and dreams. Mina wanting to go to America and Janusz willing to do anything to make her dreams come true. With an unintentional love connecting them both, this is their story of fraud, betrayal, loss and love combined with a little humour.
The play has many humourous parts leaving the audience squirming in their seats. However the play also has the ability to touch your heart and sympathise with the sufferers of WW2. I found that unless you do love and appreciate physical and imaginative theatre, then perhaps this is not the play for you. The set on stage was amazing and very realistic and the music was appropriate. The play Jutro is a must see for those of you who do appreciate a good theatre piece.
© Copyright 2010 Emily (emilyplett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1682052-Jutro