*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1690198-Its-Never-Too-Late--Prologue
by LHM84
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Women's · #1690198
A sample of a love story I am currently writing
PROLOGUE

He looked at her lying there sleeping, her eyes fluttering as if dreaming. Her chest lifted softly and with each breath the faint blush of sleep crept along her cheeks. She looked like an angel with her sleep tousled blonde hair framing her head like a halo. At that moment he had never loved anyone or anything more in his life as he did the girl lying sleeping on the bed. But at the same moment and with the same clarity he knew that he couldn’t go through with it. He was too young, he hadn’t yet accomplished anything and he knew he’d let her down however hard he tried. Throwing his already packed bag over his shoulder he bent and kissed her softly on the cheek being careful not to wake her. Taking one last lingering look over his shoulder as he left, he felt his heart break; even as the relief of not going through with it surged through him. He would always remember it as the worst moment of his life.
.......................................................................................................................................................

She awoke with the feeling that you get in the pit of your stomach near Christmas. That feeling when you know something exciting is supposed to happen today but in that moment between sleep and awake you can’t quite remember what it is. Remembering with a smile that lit up her whole face, she leapt out of bed throwing the covers to one side. Today was her wedding day! For that precious few moments before she saw the note lying on his pillow she felt the happiest she could ever remember being. Looking at her wedding dress and veil hanging from her wardrobe, she noticed the white of the note out of the corner of her eye. Smiling as she recognised his handwriting and assuming it was a love note before the happy day she grasped it and began to read. As her gaze travelled down, the note dropped from her now limp hand as a single tear slid down her cheek. Just as his had those few hours before, her heart began to break and she would always remember it as the worst moment of her life.
© Copyright 2010 LHM84 (foxbench1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1690198-Its-Never-Too-Late--Prologue