*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1697778-Lust-Lies-and-Loyalty
Rated: E · Script/Play · Friendship · #1697778
About true friendship, lust and lies. Don't judge a book by it's cover.
coffee shop- day

JARED walks in the coffee shop while on his cell phone.

Jared

Are you at the church again? BILL you need to get a yourself a girlfriend, seriously man.

JARED walks to the counter to order his coffee.

Jared

Look man I'll help you. Don't worry I'm picking up the coffee. see man I got you what would you do without me?

JARED grabs his coffee and walks towards the door, He stops then turns around. Jared sees a girl with black framed glasses sitting at a table. She is sitting alone with laptop and books at the table.

JARED

I'll call you back Bill

JARED hangs up his cell phone. He walks towards the girl at the table.


JARED

Hello

JARED moves the books off the chair to sit down at the table.

MAggie

Excuse me, sorry but I'm not interested.

JARED

(laughing)

Oh, you think me? Oh no, you have the wrong idea. Don't worry I am not interested either.

MAGGIE looks up from her computer screen to look at JARED in a questionable way.

JARED

I have this friend Bill and I think you guys would be the perfect match.

MAGGIE tilts her glasses with a smirk on her face.

MAGGIE

Ummm hmmmm

JARED

He's a very intelligent and nice guy.


Maggie rips a page from her notebook and writes down her phone number and hands it to JARED.

JARED smiles back and nods his head and walks out the coffee shop.

INT. CHURCH - DAY

Jared walks into the church and sees Bill sitting down reading to a little boy.

Jared

Hey, dude, Bill come on.

BILL

I'm a little busy here.

Jared tugs on Bill's arm.

JARED

Come on I got us some dates for tonight.

Bill and the little boy look up at Jared.

Jared

okay, okay I see how it goes.

Jared walks up to the donation basket and puts a hundred dollar bill in it.

JARED

There, now can we go?

Bill pats the little boy on the head. He gets up from his seat, sighs and walks towards Jared shaking his head.



EXT. outside of restaurant - night

JARED, BILL, and JARED'S date LYNN are standing outside the restaurant waiting for MAGGIE.

MAGGIE walks up with a short fitted black dress and black high heels. Her hair was styled down with hot red lipstick.

JARED looks at MAGGIE in disbelief and confusion as his mouth drops open and scratches his head while MAGGIE walks up to him.

MAGGIE

Hi

JARED points to BILL and chuckles as he begins to talk.

JARED

This is BILL, BILL this is MAGGIE.

JARED shakes his head, smiles and crosses his arms.

BILL

Wow

BILL wipes his sweaty hands on his pants then shakes MAGGIE'S hand and smiles big.

BILL

You look like a model

MAGGIE blushes as she combs her hair behind her ear and smiles nervously.

MAGGIE

I actually am a model.

JARED'S eyes grew bigger as his mouth dropped wider. JARED slowly smiled as he looked MAGGIE up and down.

LYNN gives JARED a nudge with her shoulder as he stares at MAGGIE.

MAGGIE

It's how I pay for school. I'm going to be a marine biologist.

JARED tilts his head and continues to stare at MAGGIE.

LYNN tugs on JARED'S arm.

LYNN

Come on I think our table is ready.

They walk into the restaurant.

INT. Restaurant- night

The four of them are sitting a the booth inside the restaurant. Jared and Lynn on one side and Bill and Maggie on the other side of the table.

BILL

So your studying to become a marine biologist.

MAGGIE

Yes, I just find the passion fascinating studying marine organisms.

Bill smiles at Maggie.

MAGGIE

Did you know that scientists believe that life on Earth began in the ocean, approximately 4 billion years ago.

BILL

And in fact, it was only about 500 million years ago that life emerged from the ocean onto the land.

Bill continues to smile with the biggest smile as Jared and Lynn stare with confused looks.

maggie

Yes that is right! I just get so excited talking about Marine life.

Bill

No no no no. It's okay. I find it fascinating and alluring.

Maggie smiles as she blushes.

Jared

Yea, I saw that movie finding Nemo.

Maggie looks at Jared confused.

MAGGIE

And?

The music plays inside the restaurant. Bill taps his foot.

MAGGIE

Can you dance?

Bill looks down and scratches his head.

BILL

Umm, not so good.

Maggie pulls Bill by the arm to get up from the table. She guides him towards the dance floor. She dances.

Bill moves closer to Maggie and dances with Maggie. eyes and mouth widen as she watches Bill dance.

Maggie can see Jared out the corner of her eye staring at her and Bill. Maggie leans in and kisses Bill on the lips.

Jared stares as his mouth twitches before taking a drink of his beer.

EXT. CAR DEALER- DAY

Jared and Bill are at the dealership they work at. Bill sees Jared and approaches him.

BILL

Hey man I just want to say thank you for setting me up with Maggie. We had a great time and have another date.

JARED

Bill about Maggie, are you sure she's your type?

BILL

I'm not sure what you mean?

JARED

Do you think you can handle someone like that?

BILL

Just because she's a model doesn't mean she couldn't possibly be in to me.

jared

No no no I'm just saying

BILL

If your saying she's more your type, think again because she's not.

Bill walks away.

INT. Church evening

Maggie and Bill walk into the church together.

BILL

I hope this isn't a weird date for you.

MAGGIE

No, no this is fine.

BILL

I wanted to show you the real me before anything.

MAGGIE

Yea, since were being true right now...

A little girl walks up to Bill holding a book titled "Rainbow Fish".

Bill kneels down to the little girl.

BILL

I think this pretty girl Maggie will love to help us read this.

MAGGIE

Do you like fish?

The little girl nods her head.

Maggie smiles as she grabs the little girl's hand to sit down. Bill on the other side of the little girl while they read the book together to the little girl.

At the end of the reading the book the little girl runs off to play.

BILL

Wow, your really good with children.

MAGGIE

Yea she reminded me a lot of me at that age. She's such an angel.

BILL

Yeah she is, they all are around here. I do whatever I can give back here.



MAGGIE

I remember reading the same book over and over "Rainbow Fish". My mom gave it to me before she left. Ever since than I have been fascinated with fish.

Bill reaches and grabs Maggie's hand.

MAGGIE

There I go talking again. Enough about me. What is it that you want to be?

BILl

I want to be a teacher, a science teacher to be exact.

Maggie smiles as she scoots herself closer to Bill to lean on him.

MAGGIE

You will be a great teacher someday.



INT.Maggie's apt- night next day

Jared approaches Maggie's apartment door. He knocks on the door. Maggie opens the door and when she sees Jared she has a surprised look on her face.

MAGGIE

Jared?

JARED

Hi Maggie, How you doing? Can I come in?


Jared walks into Maggie's apartment. He sees that Maggie has text books and papers laid across her glass coffee table in the middle of the living room. To the left of her television she has an aquarium filled with many colorful fish swimming around. He sits on Maggie's couch and picks up a paper with the score of an A.

MAGGIE

So what is it that you needed to stop by like this?

JARED

It's about Bill.

Maggie crosses her arms as she stares at Jared.

MAGGIE

What about Bill? Is he okay?

BILL

Well sort of... You know how Bill is my best friend. I take care of him all the time, that's my guy and I don't want to see him get hurt.

Jared moves closer to Maggie on the couch. When he is close enough he places his hand on her leg. Maggie looks down at Jared's hand then looks back up at Jared.

JARED

Your a gorgeous model.. and I really do mean it..

Jared then leans in closer to Maggie and his hand by her waist then the other gently stroking her cheek. Jared then leans closer and kisses Maggie's lips. Jared then pulls away from Maggie and stares at her.

Maggie pulls away from Jared as he attempts to kiss her again.

MAGGIE

Excuse me? what... what.. do you think your doing? I am not some girl you can talk smooth to to get some.

Jared stares at her confused.

JARED

No, I don't think that. I think your different.

MAGGIE

Well you, you're not different. I've talked to guys like you before.

Jared goes to grab Maggie's hand. Maggie pulls away quickly and stands up.

MAGGIE

I like Bill okay. There is nothing you can do to change that. So don't even try to get in the middle and ruin things.

Jared stands up from the couch and walks towards the door.

ext. car dealership- day

Jared and Bill are at work at the car dealership. Bill sees Jared in his dads office as he is bringing in coffee to the office. Bill sets down the coffee at the desk then walks out.

Jared grabs his coffee and chases after Bill.

JARED

Bill

Bill continues to walk away from Jared.

JARED

Bill, I need to tell you something.

Bill stops walking and still faces the opposite of Jared.

BILL

To tell me again that a model could never be attracted to me? She likes me Jared.

Jared walks towards Bill.

JARED

I didn't mean what I said yesterday Bill. It's not about that though.

BILL

I don't care. I have to get to work and go wash some of these cars.

Bill continues to walk away.

JARED

Bill I saw Maggie kissing another guy.

Bill stopped walking and turns his head around to look at Jared. Jared places his hand on Bill's shoulder.


JARED

Bill I'm serious, I'm telling the truth. I saw her.

Bill tilts his head down as he crosses his arms and shakes his head.

BILL

This was too good to be true.

JARED

No your wrong Bill you're a great smart guy any girl would be lucky.

Bill shakes his head and laughs as he stares at Jared.

JARED

Hey let me hook you up again. You know I got you, Bill I take care of you.

Bill's phone begins to ring. Bill takes his phone out of his pocket and looks at it. The phone reads Maggie's name.

JARED

Do not answer it. Completely blow her off. You and me, the strip club tonight.

Bill ignores the call and places the phone back in his pocket. Jared walks away towards the car lot.

JARED

Remember whatever you do, do not talk to Maggie.

Bill nods his head in agreeing.

Int. Strip club - night

Jared and Bill walk into the strip club and get two seats by the stage to sit down at.

Bill looks around the club. His eyes meet one dancer as her doubled take to look at her.

BILL

Hey, she, is that? Wait never mind.

JARED

Dude you need to get your mind off this chick. You need a lap dance.

Bill smiles a nervous smile and shakes his head.

BILL

No it's okay. I don't..

JARED

Yes you do!

Jared looks all around the club. He looks a girl who's back is turned towards him . She has black and red laced lingerie on that fit her body perfect. Jared taps the waitress next him.

Jared

Excuse me miss? Can you direct that girl to us over here?

Waitress

Oh, sure Aquamarine. She's pretty sexy. Just a minute.

Jared turns away to Bill as the waitress calls the dancer over. Jared smiles at Bill as the dancer walks over. Jared looks up at the dancer.

JARED

Maggie?

Maggie looks at Jared and Bill in shock and confused and tries to walk away.

Jared and Bill look at each other confused and speechless.

JARED

A model huh?

Jared laughs in a confused way as he shakes his head sitting in his seat.

Maggie walks away embarrassed. Bill walks after her.

BILL

Maggie.

Maggie stops and stands there turned opposite of Bill. Jared walks up behind Bill as Bill confronts her.

Maggie turns around to face Bill and Jared.

BILL

A model Maggie?

Maggie stares at Bill.

Bill takes a step away from Maggie.

MAGGIE

I wanted to tell you, I was going to tell you.

BILL

Yeah, sure you were. I don't have time for lies.


MAGGIE

You want to accuse me of being a liar? I bet Jared didn't tell you about last night?

BILL

Yea how he saw you with another guy last night.

Maggie turns to Jared and laughs.

MAGGIE

I'm guessing you left out that the guy you saw me with was yourself.


Bill looks at Jared speechless then looks back at Maggie then looks back at Jared as he shakes his head motioning that it's not true.


MAGGIE

Tell the truth Jared. Tell him how you came over and then made your move.

JARED

It didn't happen like that. Come on Bill believe me. Your my guy I wouldn't do that to you, I take care of you.

Bill looks at Jared in disbelief. Bill shakes his head.

BILL

Truth is both of you are liars.

Jared looks at Bill. He takes a step towards him.

JARED

Bill, please...

Bill takes a step towards the exit of the strip club then turns around.

BILL

But you were right about one thing. You two were made for each other.

Bill walks out the strip club leaving Jared and Maggie.


EXT. CAR DEALER- DAY

The next day Jared and Bill are at work at the car dealership. Jared sees Bill and walks up to him to apologize.

JARED

Hey Bill, look I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I realized I was wrong.

Bill looks at Jared.

BILL

That's the thing Jared. Your always sorry.

JARED

But I really am. Come on You know I always got you. Your my guy. I take care of you. I got you a job, I always hook you up.

BILL

Yeah I thought I was but, I was wrong I'm done.

Jared looks at Bill confused.

JARED

Your done?

BILL

I'm done with you.

JARED

I feel sorry for you. Your going to have nothing now.

BILL

No your going to have nobody now and I feel sorry for you.

Bill walks to his car and drives away.


Int. Church - day

Bill walks inside the church. He sees a girl sitting down reading a book to a little girl who looked about five.

The girl reading the book took a look back when the church door shut. The girl is Maggie.

Bill scratches his head as she tells the little girl to go play. Maggie walks up to Bill as he continues to shake his head at Maggie.

BILL

What are you doing here?


MAGGIE

I was hoping to find you here . Look Bill let me just apologize please.

Bill stares at Maggie.

Bill

So who really are you then?

MAGGIE

My name is Maggie and I think that studying marine organisms is fascinating.

Maggie puts her hand out to shake Bill's hand as if they're meeting for the first time.

MAGGIE

School is expensive okay. I need a good way to pay so that's why I took up stripping.

Bill shakes Maggie's hand back and smiles.

Maggie

This is the real me. I didn't mean to lie to you. I didn't want to at least.

BILL

I should have been more understanding. I shouldn't have walked out on a girl that I love.

Maggie stares then tilts her head in confusion.


BILL

I've never met a girl like you before Maggie. There is something special about you. I've never felt this way before.

Maggie walks up to Bill and kisses him.

MAGGIE

I've never felt this way about someone either.

She kisses him again.

MAGGIE

And for your friend Jared, you can do better than him.

BILL

Yea, I finally realized that. All I need is you.

The little girl comes back with a book and hands it to Maggie. Bill and Maggie sit down next to each other and read the book out loud to the little girl.


© Copyright 2010 cece1215 (cece1215 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1697778-Lust-Lies-and-Loyalty