*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Get it for
Apple iOS.
Creative fun in
the palm of your hand.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1706849-PRESIDENT-OF-MINORITY---PHILIPPINES
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Article · Opinion · #1706849
The president few people wants
The President few people wants...


Aquino, Estrada, Gordon, Teodoro, Villanueva, Villar, if one of them became the president he will be the president of the more or less only 20% of the voting population. How about the remaining 80% who did not vote for him?

Are we going to allow to be ruled by the president of the minority? And if he is the president of the minority, how does he expect to implement his programs/plans of governance?

All of them promise to fight/eradicate corruption;

    * ergo our GOVERNMENT is CORRUPT!

All of them promise to fight/eradicate poverty;

    * ergo our PEOPLE are POOR!

All of them promise economic growth;

    * ergo our ECONOMY is STAGNANT!

Nice promises, but not of them give us how he will make good his promises. How he will eradicate corruption, and poverty? What are his plans for economic growth?

Not one of them laid out the plans/steps to achieve his promised goals!

Why? Because for each of his promise, he would need a law to implement his program of government!  And if he is the president of the minority, how does he expect to push for the enactment of a law in a house/senate ruled by his opposing legislators? A house and a senate where every member has his own vested interest and/or agenda of power!

So what will happen to our country during his term? 

And it would be another six (6) years of agonizing corruption, poverty, and economic stagnation!

This is the weakness of a presidential form of government where multi-party system exists!

And come to think of it,

  * WE ENVIED OUR ASIAN NEIGHBORS AND ALWAYS LOOK AT THEM AS MODELS OF ECONOMIC GROWTH AND DISCIPLINE.

But did anyone of us ever think that, our Asian neighbors like, Singapore, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, and South Korea, has a parliamentary form of government!

A form of government where a strong two-party system exist; where the people vote for a party (NOT PERSONALITY!) with progressive platform of government; where political in-fighting is confined within the parliament; where people are disciplined because of the strong political will of government leaders to implement the laws.

    * IF WE WANT TO EMULATE THEM, THEN LET US HAVE A PARLIAMENTARY FORM OF GOVERNMENT!


Why should we suffer corruption, poverty and economic stagnation when we can start the change NOW!

    * LET US START BY VOTING A PRESIDENT WHO IS WILLING TO SACRIFICE HIS POSITION TO INITIATE THE TRANSFORMATION OF OUR FORM OF GOVERNMENT!

Last election I did not vote for any senator and I will do the same now;

    * BECAUSE THEY ARE A DRAIN OF OUR FINANCIAL RESOURCES!


    * ergo, WE DO NOT NEED THE SENATE!

Just recently one of them realized its uselessness and DARED ALL MEMBERS OF THE SENATE TO RESIGN!

    * What a shame to realize it  just now because it has been there for TWENTY FOUR (24) YEARS!

THE CHANGE STARTS NOW AND IT BEGINS WITH ME!
© Copyright 2010 Daddy Bear (daddybear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1706849-PRESIDENT-OF-MINORITY---PHILIPPINES