*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1715142-Review-of-Letters-to-Juliet
Rated: E · Review · Romance/Love · #1715142
Love writing reviews of movies that I have watched and liked. This movie is one of them.
Hi friends,



Back again, with yet another beautiful movie, "Letters to Juliet". Great acting, good cast and splendid landscapes. Just the movie which would brighten your day and make you all positive inside out.



Well, the title itself implies that it's a love story. A love story, lost and found again. Sophie (Amanda Seyfried) has become my second favorite heroine after Monica Belluci of course. She is a real treat to watch, her recent ones being "Dear John" and "Chloe". Two other great movies in the making.

So the movie starts off showing Sophie doing a fact check up. Yeah, that's a profession which I never heard of. Besides that she is a talented writer, but doesn't know it yet. Engaged to be wed with Victor, who has a passion for cooking, and is planning to open his own restaurant in New York. Before the wedding they embark on a pre-wedding honeymoon, (I know what a lucky bastard! :) ) to this beautiful scenery place, called Verona in Italy.



On reaching Verona, Victor gets busy with meeting suppliers, wine auctions and cheese tasting. Throwing love out of the window, he's shown very self centered or maybe very self-absorbed in his work. Poor Sophie is left alone wandering on the streets of Verona all by herself. While sightseeing she finds an alley filled with hot, beautiful babes (REALLY) writing letters to Juliet and crying. The place she stumbled upon is Juliet's courtyard, where people from all over the world flock and write letters to Juliet, sticking them to the wall, asking for her guidance. The letters are then collected by Isabelle, (God love that name) who takes it to her group of 3 ladies known as secretaries of Juliet. They read the letters and answer them back, such a beautiful concept.



Hence, Sophie follows Isabelle to her house and inquires about her taking the letters. Sophie is then introduced to the family and the work they do. Finding it hard to resist she decides to  assist them with her talent as a writer, the other reason being Victor, whose by now travelling miles apart from her, busy doing his own thing.



The next day, while collecting the letters with Isabelle, Sophie finds a 50 year old letter, hidden behind a brick, in the wall. Written by Claire Smith, a girl who left a guy named Lorenzo fearing that their relation won't be accepted by the society and asking Juliet to find her a way to explain and apologize to Lorenzo. Reading this letter aloud to the secretaries of Juliet, Sophia, decides to write back, knowing that after 50 yrs it might not matter but still there was hope. Hope to find that long lost love and live again, one more time to make life worthwhile.



As the movie progresses, we see two more characters, Claire Smith, a woman whose aged gracefully and looks stunning. She reminded me of Nafisa Ali. Those who don't know her, can Google her and learn how a woman should age and still look gorgeous. Then we have Charlie, Clair's uptight grandson.



I am not going to spoil the movie for you by explaining what happens next, but do recommend it watching it with your near and dear ones. It's ant's pants (bear with me, I am learning Aussie slang). The icing on the cake is the balcony scene and Taylor Swift's love story as the background score.



"When we are speaking about love, there's never too late.", Lorenzo



P.S. I know it's been long, since I wrote the last review. The reason was Facebook banning my old account for no apparent reason. After losing all those reviews I didn't feel like writing again. But a friend suggested I should and it feels great writing again. Apart from watching all those beautiful unreleased movies, I have been reading. The recent one being "The Japanese wife" by Kunal Basu. A beautiful heartbreaking story, which is being made into a movie. Can't wait to watch it.



Signing off friends. Will keep you all updated with the latest and the best. Ciao.

© Copyright 2010 Mr. Chocolate (scorpion_sting at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1715142-Review-of-Letters-to-Juliet