*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1717474-Footprints-in-the-Sand
Rated: E · Editorial · History · #1717474
This is what I feel, All are welcome to share their thoughts on the same
Deliberation, Determination, Discipline....

The above words have been driven into me like nails into a wooden fence. Yet I am not convinced. Are these the only ways into greatness. Everyone of us, I hope, has to fight this constant battle with oneself about why we are here. We do it all the time. When we are on the bus to work, When we are caught in an elevator, when we have that moment of silence at work, Those two minutes we spend just before getting out of the Shower. Its that question that infests us. " Why are we here?"



I felt helpless when they told me to take the day off because there might be a riot around the corner from where I live. Just because somebody was having a land dispute in some other part of the country. Slowly but surely we are all developing "Coop" mentality. I have seen it in the eyes of the people around me. They are all very afraid of stepping out and asking "So What??".



History only remembers few, forgets the lot and buries the unnamed. There are footnotes on Harsha Vardhana the king on every history textbook sold in India today.  Every book mentions Emperor Asoka. A few more mention Chandragupta and Chanakya. The slave dynasty from Aibak to Lodhi, The advent of the Mughals, The East India Company. 300 years of slavery. Gandhi and Nehru are what we remember of the Freedom struggle. No one remembers the millions that took to the streets for our Independence long before either of the aforesaid party had even a seed of nationalism sown in them. But thats not the problem, The question I ask is what motivated these men to become part of history. Was it glory? Was it Wealth? Was it just power?.



The answer I understand is in plain sight and is yet hidden from us. These men and those before them never fought imagining that they will leave a Footprint on the Sands of time. History remembers them as great men. They all follow one principle told before in the Geetha

" Don't do your karma thinking of the outcome, just do it and let your karma follow you"........

© Copyright 2010 Sridhar (krish6788 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1717474-Footprints-in-the-Sand