*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1730244-test
Rated: E · Interview · Other · #1730244
testtesttest (three's the charm)
REPLY TO CRAIGSLIST HELP WANTED AD FOR NEW YORK, NY ON 11/15/2010



WANTED: ***Part Time Host/ Hostess*** (Midtown East)

(MY) REPLY


How do you do it, please? I mean like that? The way you want it I mean—for the job, that is.  'Cause I’m an elegant bastard. Believe me. Despite the language I just used. I graduated from UC Berkeley with high high grades in English literature—a BA I mean. Watch me. You’ll see. I like being in front of others, like a flower that needs sunlight and water and fertile black soil to survive and thrive.

I’m a writer so I use words the way I want to and need to use them (like the above, perhaps?). However, writing is one thing, and speaking to strangers, i.e., customers, is an entirely different thing, particularly at what you referred to as an “upscale restaurant.” I like the challenge of appearing as much like James Bond as possible—perhaps a little more Roger Moorish, although I do prefer Connery to all of them.  He was the best one, I think. Don't you?

Sincerely,
Matt Bohart
matt476@nyc.rr.com
718-XXX-XXXX (if you care to, call between 12 noon and 3 p.m. Thank you. Be well.)

PS: Haven’t worked in a while because I haven’t had to. Have been writing instead.



[For Viewers Who Are Looking Right Now: Didn't get the job, by the way.]

© Copyright 2010 Matt Bohart (matt674885 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1730244-test