*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1746306-The-Truth-About-Romance
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Romance/Love · #1746306
A love poem that speaks the truth

The truth about romance is that you cant have it. Romance is a snowflake in the wind, beautiful and unattainable. Romance is the misty fog that lingers on the ground after the sun shatters the dark sky, but why do we still try to capture romance? We want love, to be loved, to make love, to feel love. We want the romance that comes with love as well. Well, sorry to say my friend, romance doesnt come with love.
Romance is a dream in a young heart. If youre smart, you can learn this and see that, although you cant hold onto romance, you can still enjoy its softness. The cooling breeze on a summer afternoon of romance, the sweet smells of romance after it rains down. You and your love can stroll about town with romance all around.
You just need to know the truth about romance. Then and only then can you truly love its presence, and accept its absence, because the byproduct of romance is true love.
© Copyright 2011 flashbuddhist (flashbuddhist at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1746306-The-Truth-About-Romance