*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1757941-Spinning
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Comedy · #1757941
This is the mildly comical story of how I learned how to spin a pen around my finger tips.
         February 2009, I achieved a goal I had been pursuing since the beginning of the school year. I mastered how to spin a pen around my fingertips. I had been practicing for weeks and I finally mastered it. This was a big deal to me because I set my mind to it and was determined to decipher the proper technique. The more I failed in spinning, the more I learned how to properly spin (similar to the creation of the lightbulb story). When I was in my pursuit of perfection, the pen – now my nemesis – was dropped often. I studied a teacher of mine, Dr. Benedict, who had already mastered this challenge. I studied his methods for countless days and months until I obtained the proper technique. But now, I had to practice and perfect.

         When I dropped the pen, it made noises that seemed to be as loud as gunshots, echoing throughout the room. Have you not heard a gunshot? It is perhaps one of the loudest noises one can experience. After many failed attempts, I was distraught but kept my focus on my objective. Through countless hours of repetition, I was successful. As I became more proficient in my craft, the pen seemed to spin as fast as a helicopter’s blade. I now have moved on further in perfecting my spinning abilities so that I am able to spin with both hands simultaneously.

         Through determination, grit, and the observation of others, I managed to accomplish my task of spinning a pen around my fingers. Now my focus is finding new ways to spin pens. Recently, I have tried to spin two pens in one hand at the same time, who knows where that could take me?
© Copyright 2011 SrKinney (srkinney at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1757941-Spinning