*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1774724-Peace-Alone
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1774724
A story of how life can change forever unfinished
Peace Alone


Preface


Life started simple. Everything was easy. I knew who I was and what I was. Nothing could change unless I wanted it to... Or so I thought.


Chapter One


The soft moonlight portrayed Jacks face next to mine. As we sat on the cold tree branch, talking, we listened to the night life all around us. Lately Jack had been going through some tough things and this was as quiet as it's been for a while. I'd been busy helping him through his parents death, so it felt good for just the two of us to be relaxing.
Jack leaned back against the tree. He looked like a god the way the moon shone on his face. His black curly hair looked almost golden and his green eyes were even more penetrating in the light. He had on my favorite outfit for him, a light green tank top and a pair of ripped jeans. I smiled to myself as he opened his eyes to look at me. "Scarlett, is there any reason why you're staring at me?"
"No, not really." I answered. Jack looked at me for a few minutes before he closed his eyes again. With a sigh I looked up at the night sky and stared at the moon. Everything seemed so simple like life could go on although I knew it couldn't.
A voice from underneath us scared me. "Scarlett, Jack, time for dinner!" My mother called.
© Copyright 2011 Elizabeth~Soon to Be~ (lizabethcrow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1774724-Peace-Alone