*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1798528-The-Letter
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · History · #1798528
A historically correct letter to a soldier in 1944 from his young girlfriend.
To: A/C/C PVT. Robert Furci
13178657 Sqdn #1128 T.S.S
602, B.T.C. #9 FLT #602
Miami Beach, Florida
11-2-1944

My darling Robert,
          Thank you so much for your letter, it was well worth the wait to hear from my sweetheart. It certainly sounds like they are keeping you busy, how are you keeping your eyes open long enough to read my letters?
          I have been keeping quite well, thank you. On Friday, Kathryn, Harrison and I went to the pictures. As young Harry was with us we saw The Miracle of Morgan's Creek, instead of The Monster Maker, which I would of enjoyed. You know I enjoy a good horror sometimes. Although you were not here to hold me tight if it became too frightful. The Miracle of Morgan's Creek was very funny, a young lady named Trudy wakes after a farewell party for American Soldiers only to find she is married... and pregnant! Can you imagine? The constable was rather hilarious. "Listen here zipper-puss! Some day they're going to find your hair ribbon and an axe some place... Nothing else! The Mystery of Morgans Creek." I was giggling for a long time after he said that, Kathryn had to shush me! I am sure you could use a laugh, honey.
          I have been working at the school still, which has been taking up most of my time. It's getting cold here now, I have to wrap up warm for my walks to and fro. I'm sure the snow is coming soon. Last week I taught the young ladies to sew, which ended with a few tears- as you may guess, but we managed to craft some decent looking dresses for their dolls.
          The boys have some quite creative toys, some of which would surprise you their siblings and mothers made! Which reminds me, Amanda ask of you almost every day. I tell her you are well and just as handsome as the last time she saw you.
          Also, Mother sends her love. She wanted to write you and the boys but has completely run out of time as she has started volunteering in town nursing.
          I miss you ever so much, Robert. I dream of you every night and I do try to keep optimistic about about seeing you, and holding you close once more. Forgive me for not having something poetic or romantic to write, I am not quite as gifted as you in that area, darling.
          I could keep writing but I am certain you have things to do. Everyone here is praying for your well-being, especially me.

          Keep well,
Love from Emma xoxoxo


P.S One last thing: I LOVE YOU

© Copyright 2011 Poppy June (emmalily at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1798528-The-Letter