*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1810035-PCC-goes-to-Mamzar-Park
Rated: E · Article · Activity · #1810035
Newspaper: The Leopard (Sharjah, UAE) Date: March 2004
The Palestinian Cultural Club (PCC) organized a trip to Al Mamzar Park on March 4. Students started gathering in university at 8:30 a.m. and buses left around 10:30 a.m. More than 100 students along with some professors attended the trip. Many students drove their cars or got rides to the park later in the day.

During the bus ride, students sang Palestinian folklore songs. Upon arrival, some started to set the sound systems, while others prepared for lunch. Before lunch, students played volleyball, soccer, football, dodge ball, tug-ofwar, and Frisbee.

After lunch, some played the “Kerbeh,” a musical instrument that is part of the Palestinian heritage, and others performed dabkah. Sports activities continued while some students played card games.

Later, the club had a birthday surprise for two students: PCC President Wael Sbeih and member Omar Barghothi, whose faces were shoved into two birthday cakes.

In the last couple of hours, everyone sang folklore songs, performed dabkah and clapped. Some professors also participated.

When leaving, students gathered in two buses: one returning to Sharjah, and the other going to a drop point in Dubai. Students arrived at AUS around 8 p.m.

According to Hala Saqr, “The PCC members truly showed a high level of cooperation…among themselves.” She added, “We all took part in preparations and activities and we all enjoyed our time and were happy. We were like a large family of brothers and sisters who enjoy having each other around, joking, playing, singing, having fun, and laughing. Special thanks to Wael Sbeih, Ismael El-Khatib, Batul El-Khatib, and
Samaa Taha for making this day a special one.”
© Copyright 2011 Dreamsharer (bara.dweik at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1810035-PCC-goes-to-Mamzar-Park