*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1819710-What-Do-I-Do-Now
by ruwth
Rated: E · Other · Contest Entry · #1819710
Writer's Cramp: Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
What do I do now? I have been asking myself that question for days. Do you know what it is like to look around at sixty and realize that you have wasted your life?

It is not pleasant. It can be a harsh reality. There are few who are willing to stand with you and look at it for what it is.

What do you do now? What do I do now?

I pick up the pieces. I think about what matters. What IS important?

My father died recently. Going through his house and his things without him illuminated for me what is important. Too much was of no value.

What do we hold on to? What do we need to throw away? What do we have that someone else might need?

What do I want the rest of my life to look like?

What do I want to hold on to? What have I failed to invest myself in?

Relationships. My relationship with God is the most important . . . and then my relationships with others.

Pick up the pieces. Build a life. Build a life that reflects your values. Start now.


Word count: 191
© Copyright 2011 ruwth (ruwth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1819710-What-Do-I-Do-Now