*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1830871-Week-Four-Assignment---EWW
Rated: E · Assignment · Educational · #1830871
Week Four Assignment for The Exploratory Writing Workshop.
 
Banner for Exploratory Writing Workshop

Life Changing Event



*Bookstack3*   Writing Lectures   *Bookstack3*


*CheckB*   Please read the following objective discussions BEFORE beginning your writing this week.


*BulletO*  Lecture 11 - "Operational Writing
*BulletO*  Lecture 12 - "Dramatic Premise and Themes
*BulletO*  Lecture 13 - "Defining Characters
*BulletO*  Lecture 14 - "Where the Story is Heading
*BulletO*  Lecture 15 - "A Changing Central Character


*Vignette5*          *Vignette5*          *Vignette5*          *Vignette5*          *Vignette5*          *Vignette5*


*Penb*  Week Four Writing Assignments  *Penb*


*NoteO*  Practical Exercise #3

This practical exercise comes from "Dramatic Premise and Themes

*BulletO*  Read the story synopsis Woe Is Me
*BulletO*  Pick out the required dramatic ingredients. 
*BulletO*  Post in the"Classroom (Assignment Forum) of EWW as a bitem
*BulletO*  Name your post: PE#3 and your name.


*NoteO*  Vignette Assignment

Write a 1-3K vignette following the prompt and post in the "Classroom (Assignment Forum) of EWWas a bitem.

         *CheckB*   Prompt

This is where the CC's Life Changing Event (LCE) is presented to the reader.  It is exactly as the name implies.  Something has happened that changes the CC's life.  In the example it was getting swept over the falls but it actually has more to do with what happens close on its heels. The CC must confront this transformative event that will set their life on a whole new course. So it necessarily deals with what happens immediately afterwards. It's beginning your novel at the "good part" a portentous moment in your CC's life. The writer needs to show the  CC in a state of wonder or disbelief that this has happened and how the expectations of their life have been abruptly turned on end.  Then begin to show how they explore the plastic nature of the new box that is beginning to form around their lives.  It marks a turning point, and the CC needs to determine where he/she is going from this moment forward, assessing the situation, mulling over alternatives, picking the best, and girding resolve to step out boldly onto a new path.  Introduce a new supporting character, a dramatic premise (DP) and at least one theme. Make the DP either positive or negative.  Foreshadow where the story is leading and some of the obstacles that can be expected down the road.

*CheckO*  In a separate static item, develop a new supporting character using the "Character Sketch Template and include a Prose Synopsis for your new character.  Link this new static item on your page for this vignette.

         *CheckB*   Checklist

Use this checklist to be sure you have included everything.

*BulletO*  Have you shown the LCE?
*BulletO*  Does the reader and CC realize it's happened?
*BulletO*  How does your CC initially respond to it?
*BulletO*  What are the alternatives to moving on?
*BulletO*  What is the Dramatic Premise?
*BulletO*  What are two of the story's Themes?
*BulletO*  What are some qualities that define the CC's character?
*BulletO*  Have you foreshadowed what the future holds?
*BulletO*  Have you developed a new supporting character and linked them to the vignette?


*NoteO*  Lounge Forum Comments

Comment in the "Lounge for Exploratory Writing Workshop on at least two of your colleagues' comprehensive posts. Check to make sure all of your fellow writers have received comments.


         Remember  *BookStack3*   Learning from each other is an important aspect of a workshop.


*Vignette5*          *Vignette5*          *Vignette5*          *Vignette5*          *Vignette5*          *Vignette5*


All aspects of this assignment are due no later than
Thursday, Midnight WDC time.


*Vignette5*          *Vignette5*          *Vignette5*          *Vignette5*          *Vignette5*          *Vignette5*



Percy Goodfellow - Workshop Instructor
percy goodfellow


*CheckB*   Links to The Exploratory Writing Workshop   *CheckB*

Welcome Letter - "Exploratory Writing Workshop Welcome
Introduction - "Intro - Exploratory Writing Workshop
Assignment Overview - "The Weekly Assignment Overview Page
Assignment Forum - "Classroom (Assignment Forum) of EWW
Dictionary of Writing Terms "Dictionary of Terms


** Image ID #1764610 Unavailable **
Ms. Katz - Head Administrator
*MailY* Katzendragonz *MailY*

 
© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1830871-Week-Four-Assignment---EWW