*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1831566-The-Girl
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #1831566
Beautiful and mysterious.
         Inevitably there is always the girl. Beautiful, funny, mysterious, kind, with a mind you've never known before. She takes you by surprise that way. All girls are a mystery, but this is the one mystery you find yourself wanting so much to solve, yet you remain frozen in your steps. You put up defenses, trying to keep your wits about you. Be smart. Be Strong. And always be funny. Girls like a good sense of humor. She may not know your thoughts, but she sees through all the walls you put up. While you can't lie to her, you'll find yourself unable to tell her the truth of how you feel.

         She makes you feel strong and weak all at once. Because of her, your mind will expand. You'll have thoughts you've never had before, yet you'll find it hard to believe she sees you as intelligent. She'll think you're upset with her, reasoning that she can see through your guises. What she does not realize is that you could never be angry with her, not even if you tried. The only one you could be angry with is yourself; never her.

         You want to tell her you think she's beautiful and that you like her eyes. Even if she thinks it's the wrong color, you don't see how she'd be better suited by any other. You want to ask her out somewhere. The place doesn't matter, only the company. You'd ask her to a coffee house even though you don't drink coffee. You'd prefer a walk in the park, but you'd be willing to take her anywhere she desires.

         There is no perfect girl, but she's close enough that it doesn't matter. There is just one obstacle; she probably has a boyfriend. While you take your time getting to know her, trying to raise the courage to ask, someone else has probably beaten you there. You don't want to be that guy; the jerk who pursues another guy's girlfriend. But you can't back away either, hoping the window of opportunity will reopen.

         There are other fish in the sea, as the saying goes. But you know in your heart, that settling for second best is tantamount to giving up. You want her to feel the way you do. If she is with someone else, you can't fathom how he could possibly belong with her. Does he feel the same way about her that you do? What do you do?

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
© Copyright 2011 Lightbringer (ezra.greenfeld at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1831566-The-Girl