This outline is my answer to Lesson 7 of the EWW workshop requirement
Overall Story Image:
Author: Percy Goodfellow
Chapter 1 Powerful Enemies
1. Prince Koltar refuses to marry Volusia
2. Lord Marcutti propositions Volusia
3. Sheriff Volgar is told to “Tame Volusia”
4. Sheriff Volgar is killed by Volusia
5. Volusia and Moogy and Tupa flee to the Rim Lands.
Chapter 2 The Encounter
1. Rindar sees Volusia and children in the valley along the River (Image of Rindar)
2.Volusia and children encounter Rindar who saves them from wolves (Image of Volusia)
3. Incident with the rabbit
4. Description of the encampment.
5. Rindar gives Volusia “The Sign.”
Chapter 3 Family Man
1. Rindar and Moogy
2. Rindar and Tupa
3. Rindar and Volusia
4. Twilight of the Gods
5. Chief Rathome’s Visitor
Chapter 4 The Hunting Game
1. Palottie seeks out Rindar
2. Moogy and Palottie strike up conversation
3. Lord Marcutti ‘s summons
4. Rindar relates why he is in exile
5. Volusia suggests a strategy
Chapter 5 Rindar’s Prowess
1. Rindar Prays
2. Rindar escapes the camp
3. Ambush #1
4. Ambush #2
5. The wounding of Lord Marcutti and his son.
Chapter 6 Volusia Saves Marcutti’s Son
1. Volusia is called to treat Marcutti’s Son
2. He discovers she is the medicine woman and promises if his son survives the Games will end.
3. He refuses treatment of his own wounds and they become septic.
4. The boy survives and has heard his father’s promise
5. Marcutti is taken back to the settlement in a fevered state.
Chapter 7 Dealing with Lord Marcutti
1. Rindar returns alive
2. Rindar recounts what happened
3. The decision is made to return to the settlement and determine if Lord Marcutti intends to follow through on his promise
4. Volusia tells her parents what happened and where she has been
5. She and Rindar work up a cover story
Chapter 8 Moral Dilemma
1. The new Sheriff finds and summons Volusia to treat Lord Marcutti
2. He is in a bad way…if she does nothing he will die…
3. Rindar pleads to let nature take its course..
4. She treats him and he survives.
5. They get word that Prince Koltar is back from the wars.
Chapter 9 Prince Koltar’s Dilemma
1. Prince Koltar has suffered a wound that will keep him form having children.
2. His father and mother want him to produce an Heir…
3. He has been thinking of Volusia the past two years and sees his ready made family as the answer to the problem
4. He is told that during his absence Volusia has disappeared
5. He decides to go and check things out.
Chapter 10. Lord Marcutti’s wrath
1. Lord Marcutti recovers and is told that Volusia saved his life
2. He is also told that Prince Koltar has returned form the wars.
3. He knows his life is in jeopardy if Koltar finds out his role in the Sheriff’s death.
4. He is told that Volusia was seen with Rindar riding out into the Rim lands.
5. He resolves to take an armed force and expunge the Buffalo village from the face of the earth.
Chapter 11. Lord Marcutti’s resolve
1. Lord Marcutti gives orders to mount the garrison…
2. His son reminds him that Volusia saved both their lives
3. He replies they will have no life if Koltar finds Volusia
4. His son refuses to be part of the massacre…Tells his father, she should have killed you when she had the chance.
5. As Lord Marcutti is about to ride off…Prince Koltar arrives
Chapter 12 A timely arrival
Chapter 13 Investigation
Chapter 14 The hearing
Chapter 15 Banished
Chapter 16 The search
Chapter 17 Marcutti’s Son
Chapter 18 Force March
Chapter 19 The Face Off
1. Prince Koltar confronts the Buffalo Clan with a thousand cavalrymen.
2. He discovers that Volusia and his two children are living in the Buffalo camp.
3. Prince Koltar Demands her return
4. Volusia and Rindar discuss what needs to be done
5. Volusia and Prince Koltar have a little talk.
Chapter 20 Family Meeting