by King Nick
Plus 10 functions that your web site needs to have to be worth your time and your money
|Writing.com is one of the best, if not the best, online community for writers
But you also need a web site...every writer needs their own web site if they're going to be successful.
The number one reason for people going online is gathering purchasing information. Selling your books or your writing is just like any other business, universal rules apply.
If you can't find be found online, the person searching might not look again. If you don't offer people a reason to purchase your book or hire you for a writing gig, they'll look elsewhere. And with a web site you can take the process into your own hands and build up your readers before you get a publishing deal... forcing the publishers to notice you.
But its not just about selling copies of your books or interacting with readers, even though both are essential functions for your web site to have.
You're a unique person, unlike any other person on the planet. All humans have similar common traits, but you're a "one on one". There are no copies or duplicates.
Hopefully you've been able to to develop your own unique voice, or worldview.
There are thousands of people who are trying to publish their work and become professional writers, and thousands more who see writing and publishing their work as a a hobby.
So your writing needs a web site that is just as original as you, or else it will be hard for you to stand out from the rest of the pack.
Your web site needs to be a business card, shopping cart, portfolio, fan club, and newsletter all wrapped up into one.
Here are 10 things your custom designed web site needs to have, or else there's no point to invest your time or money:
1. More than just writing, your web site needs some type of graphics, photos, or video
2. The ability to be updated by you, not your web site designer
3. A Shopping cart that can be added to and updated by you, with an unlimited number of products and categories
4. A Blog that is bold and impressive
5. Comments sections for your readers to provide feedback, and membership options if you desire
6. Links to your social networking accounts
7. Room to grow, with an unlimited number of pages and sections allowed
8. Your web site has to look professional, a bad web site is worse than not having one at all
9. You have to catch the visitor's attention immediately, or they might click away and never come back
10. A shopping cart that includes a way to provide an instant, encrypted, and downloadable link of your book (if selling an eBook or .PDF version of your work)
King Nick Digital Media can provide all of the above for a great price, and you get 50% OFF for being a Writing.com member. For more information go to KingNick.com