*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1860060-Estranged-Tide
by DQueen
Rated: E · Sample · Spiritual · #1860060
A sample of my work that I will leave open to your own perception and interpretation.

He comes as a stranger to the Earth, bringing an underestimated force. Like the bellowing sound of thunder, his footsteps pummel the Earth without leaving an imprint. With his outstretched hand, his fingers envelop the ground’s crust, ripping away the weeds of resistance. He crawls closer and closer, slowly encapsulating the warmth and gravitational energy of her spirit, only to stumble upon her fiery core of rejection. What was within his grasp, trickles out from between his fingers as he succumbs to his own despair. All within a brief moment, he retreats with the same intensity and desperation of his arrival, only to find himself being swept away by the violent undercurrent of loss and uncertainty. Whether he finds his flow or surrenders to the solitary depths of the ocean, it does not matter; the future is comparatively meaningless in the face of his new identity as an estranged tide.
© Copyright 2012 DQueen (kishaj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1860060-Estranged-Tide