*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1887038-The-DeMicelli-Family-Tree
Rated: 13+ · Appendix · Family · #1887038
A family tree I wrote for a family in a story I never got around to writing.
I'm posting this here because, honestly, I'm not sure what else to do with it. I really like the family I've created herein but I don't know what to do with them. My original idea was that over the course of a story they would be ripped apart by a violent and bitter family feud. I'm posting the family tree up on Writing.com so people who look at it can give their own input into what should happen to this collection of characters, and who they think an interesting protagonist would be. Thanks for read.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




         THE IMMIGRANT GENERATION

         --DON RODRIGO DeMICELLI, manager and proprietor of “DeMicelli’s” Italian restaurant in the Dublin Northside. Born in Calabria before the War. Though coming on in age, incredibly sound of mind and active.
                   --His wife, [LILIANA], dead twelve years.
                   --His younger brother in Calabria, STEFANO, the last surviving member of the Italian-side DeMicellis and benefactor as a result of their father’s will. Caporegime in the Lupino Crime Family.
                             --His son; FRANCO, Uomo d’Onore in said regime.
                   --His youngest and only living sister, MARIA LUCREZIA DeMICELLI CATATONE, part-time manager at “DeMicelli’s” and matriarchal figure for the younger family members.
                             --Her husband, [BALLO CATATONE], dead seven years.

         --GIACOMO FALCONE, called “Little John,” cousin of Rodrigo on both their mother’s sides. Emigrated to Ireland to help Rodrigo with his dream of owning a restaurant; part-time manager and beloved godfather figure to many of the family’s children.
                   --His wife, MARIA PETRUZIA, five years older than him, and never lets him forget it, was called “the Witch” by Liliana in her life.
                   --His brother, also [RODRIGO], a Uomo d’Onore for the Corleonesi Faction in Sicily; killed in a carbombing during the Mattanza.
                   --His uncle on his father’s side, [ZIO ANTONIO], a prosecutor for the Anti-Mafia Commission. Shot dead during the Mafia’s “War against the State” as part of the Mattanza for failing to heed death threats issued against him.
                   --His older sister, APOLLONIA, called “Zia” even by Giacomo, sometimes “the Nun” in derogation; never married, now an eccentric hermit living off her family’s wealth in Calabria.

         THE FIRST IRISH GENERATION

                   Children of Rodrigo & Liliana

         --ANTONETTA QUILLIGAN; eldest daughter, formerly a cook at the restaurant, now retired; over fifty years of age.
                   --Her husband, PATRICK QUILLIGAN, formerly Captaen in the Óglaigh na hÉireann, then, briefly, served as a Garda, now semi-retired; security guard at Dundrum Shopping Centre.

         --ANTONIO DeMICELLI; called “Toni”, eldest son, heir apparent to his father’s restaurant; aged 53 years.
                   --His first wife, TERESA, Sicilian, marriage lasted nine years.
                   --His second and current wife, SUSANNE, beloved of Liliana before her death and treated like a daughter by Rodrigo – as much a mother to Antonio’s children by Teresa as she is her own.

         --ALLESANDRA RAILTON PEARSE; formerly a cook at the restaurant until a falling out over personal issues – now excommunicated for all intents and purposes from the family; aged 47 years.
                   --Her first husband, SAM PEARSE, divorced childless after two years.
                   --Her second husband, [WILLIAM RAILTON], ex-RAF officer, died in a DUI accident after nineteen years of marriage.
                   --Her third husband by way of count, Sam Pearse again, finally gave her a daughter.

         --PATRIZIO DeMICELLI; called “Zio Patrizio” even by grand-nephews and –nieces. Eccentric, artsy head chef at the restaurant. Beloved of all the family children; aged 34.
                   --BECKY, NIAMH, HAYLEY and STEPHANIE; girlfriends of his.

                   Children of Maria Lucrezia & Ballo

         --The twins, JULIA & STEFANIA; now returned to Calabria with their husbands, FREDERICO and RENATO respectively; both aged 46.

         --[CHRISTIANO CATATONE]; died in infancy after just four weeks.

         --SARA MORRISON; studied Marine Biology in Rome and worked for several years studying White Sharks off the coast of Australia and New Zealand, now returned to Dublin to look after her mother in her waning years; aged 35.
                   --Her husband, OLIVER MORRISON, called “Ollie,” an Australian diver and surfer, followed her to Ireland.

                   Children of Giacomo & Maria Petruzia

         --GIACOMO FALCONE, called “Big John” on account of his immense weight, also called “the Third” jokingly by siblings, as he is the third Falcone of the name Giacomo; aged 50.
                   --His wife, CARMELA, a Milanese, called “the German” by Maria Petruzia.

         --SANTINO RODRIGO FALCONE, considered cold and distasteful by most of the family. Spent four years in Calabria working on an unknown project with Franco DeMicelli, returned with his first wife, FRANCESCA, in a marriage that barely lasted the return to Dublin; aged 44.
                   --His second and current wife; DEIRDRE, a Monaghan native – reviled by Maria Petruzia for being a Protestant.

         --ANTONINO FALCONE, called “Nino” to avoid confusion with Antonio, motorcyclist and wrestling enthusiast, rarely makes it for family occasions but makes it a point to shower the children with gifts and the women with flattery when he does. Patched member of The Damned Bastards MC Dublin Charter. Has a long-standing personal issue with Patrizio; aged 37 years.
                   --SAOIRSE, a long-time girlfriend.
                   --STEPHEN, BILLY, ROB, GERRY, PADRAIG; other members of The Damned Bastards.

         THE ASSIMILATED GENERATION

                   Children of Antonetta & Patrick

         --MARIA SOPHIA ASHBY, called “Sophia,” second chef at the restaurant, very close with her uncle Patrizio, known throughout the family for her short fuse and bull-like temper; aged 32.
                   --Her husband, DAVID ASHBY, a Catholic from Derry City.

         --PATRICK QUILLIGAN; called “Paddy,” formerly a waiter at the restaurant during his school years until Patrizio was forced to fire him for missing shifts, now working in his friend’s garage to make ends meet; aged 22.
                   --JESSIE McMAHON; a long-time girlfriend.

         --CATRINA QUILLIGAN, called “Katie,” quiet, hard-working schoolgirl; aged 17.

         --EMILIA QUILLIGAN, called “Emily,” a constant source of trouble for her parents, always fighting with her older sister; aged 16.
                   --JASON GRIFFEN, her current boyfriend.

                   Children of Antonio & Teresa

         --MARGARETA DeMICELLI; called “Maggy” by Irish friends, secondary school History teacher; aged 29.
                   --SEÁN RYAN, her fiancé.

         --LORENZO DeMICELLI; called “Lucky” as a nickname by friends and family alike, born prematurely and was not predicted to survive infancy; aged 27.
                   --SÍLE ANDERSON, an ex-girlfriend.

                …& Susanne

         --FERDIA DeMICELLI; MMA fanatic; aged 24.

         --TONY DeMICELLI, jr.; considered a bit of a loner by peers; aged 18.

         --MICHELLE DeMICELLI; called “Shelly;” aged 10.

                Children of Allesandra & William

         --HENRY RAILTON; Trinity graduate, now a Lieutenant in the Royal Air Force; aged 28 years.

         --[Daughter]; miscarried after six and a half months.

                   …& Sam

         --FLORA LILIANA PEARSE; student at UCD, seeing a counsellor to help deal with stress, gets on well with Katie, less so with Emily; aged 19 years.
                   --MATT MURPHY; an ex-boyfriend.
                   --JAMES WOLFE; her best friend.

                   Children of Sara & Ollie

         --THOMAS MORRISON, called “Tommy;” aged 6.

                   Children of Giacomo & Carmela

         --DANIELLE FALCONE, called “Dany,” proprietor, manager and instructor at the Capitoline Riding School & Livery, horse-lover, Atmosphere fanatic; aged 27.
         
         --GIACOMO FALCONE IV; called “Jackie,” also “Prince John” jokingly by his wife, heir apparent to inherit his father’s share in the restaurant after his grandfather retired; aged 25.
                   --CASSANDRA, his wife, instructor at the Capitoline Riding School, currently expecting a girl.

         --FRANCESCO FALCONE; studied in Rome, then worked briefly in Calabria with Franco, now returned to Ireland to help Jackie with the restaurant; aged 21.

                   Children of Santino & Deirdre

         --JULIET FALCONE, raised a Catholic, often helps out at her cousin’s stables with Emily; aged 13 years.

         THE NEW GENERATION

                   Children of Sophia & David

         --LUCA ASHBY; aged 7.

         --JACKSON ASHBY, called “Jax;” aged 5

                   Children of Lucky & Síle

         --AIME DeMICELLI; born out of wedlock, guardianship went to Lucky after Síle left the country briefly, horse riding fanatic; aged 8.
© Copyright 2012 Ard Rí na hÉireann (mattellison at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1887038-The-DeMicelli-Family-Tree