*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1894627-Alone
Rated: 13+ · Preface · Romance/Love · #1894627
This is the preface to the book I'm going to be writing.
         Sitting here, staring out the window at an endless blue sky, everything I know seems so far away. Miles separate me from him. Trees, houses, roads, animals, people, and open sky lay between him and I.
          As the sun sinks towards the horizon, orange explodes above the trees, turning the few wispy clouds in the sky a brilliant pink. The dark blue of the sky reminded me of his eyes. The colder it got, the more I missed the warmth of his embrace. A powerful sadness washed over me. My vision blurred around the edges and hot liquid dripped down my cold cheeks. My heart ached to feel his beat against my skin. I needed to feel his hand in mine. They belonged in mine.
         The stars twinkling over head reminded me of the night we shared our first kiss. Sitting in a tree, the stars shining high above, a cool breeze danced around us. "Kiss her!" she'd shouted up at us. My heart was racing, my mind jumbled. Our lips touched, and a warmth spread through my whole body. I was so dizzy I thought I would fall strait out of the tree.
         That one kiss changed my life forever.
© Copyright 2012 Zoey Forests (xxdepressionxx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1894627-Alone