*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1924077-Anything-For-You
Rated: E · Fiction · Emotional · #1924077
Being prepared to marry his wife
Mark, Sarah’s husband to be, 35 years old, a retired U.S. Soldier he was. Never having to work another day in his, or her life. Starting a life with someone, finally being able to settle down with a good girl, that his mother would not mind being around the house. Mark wanted to do something special for Sarah; she had been what held him together for the last couple of years. Her birthday was right around the corner, Friday to be exact. That was actually the day I met her brown eyed, long beautiful haired self. I remember nights that we would just lay around her apartment, watching those chick-flicks all the girls love, playing with her hair, kissing her cheek, and squeezing her tight. There could not be a girl out there better than her, she was absolutely perfect, treating her like a princess was the least I could do to make it up to her. I figured for her birthday I would do something nice, and buy her something expensive. I knew about this diamond bracelet she has had her eyes on, for months now, and I knew all of her favorite foods. When Friday morning came around I told her not to plan anything for tonight, that we would do something together. Every night she gets off at 5:00, so I knew she would get home around 6. I started cooking shells and cheese, BBQ chicken wings, and her favorite, sautéed mushrooms. When Sarah got home, she was completely surprised to see I had even cooked, much less all of her all time favorites! After dinner, I took her down to her favorite place for dessert, and I secretly planted her diamond bracelet inside. I should get the best husband award for the year.
© Copyright 2013 Hannah Powell (hannahkp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1924077-Anything-For-You