*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1926663-Query-Letter
by Stormi
Rated: 18+ · Letter/Memo · Thriller/Suspense · #1926663
Query letter created for the Hook Us contest.
Dear Hook Us:

"The night breeze blows my hair as I run along the narrow path on the cliff. The full moon beckons me to hurry as it rests just off the edge of the cliff in front of me. I can feel the peace and tranquility cloaking me in its grip as it courses through my veins, replacing the stress and unhappiness in its wake. I feel free and unhindered by life as I fly towards the bright glow of the moon. My feet feel funny so I look down. I'm wearing heels as I run. Suddenly I know. It's happening again. I'm wide awake yet dead asleep, conscious in my subconscious. Yet again I'm having the dream that haunts my reality as I remember every detail. I wonder if this time I'll find a way to stay here." ~from the diary of Synklair Sutton

*****

Jake thought the day he found his wife of twenty years dead in their backyard was the worst day of his life. He soon realizes that each day gets worse as the hits keep on coming. Finding himself accused of Klair’s murder due to the unexplainable circumstances is just the beginning of the nightmare. As the investigation continues and her online diary is located, it seems that his wife was a complete stranger to him.

Synklair Sutton tried to do everything right. Holding her marriage together, raising her child, sacrificing her own needs and desires – all were just a way of life for her. Then at the urging of her best friend, Klair ventured into the cyber world, cautiously. As time progressed, a very lonely, miserable Klair evolved into Syn, the friendly, outgoing woman who eventually found attention in the form of Jonah, a man alone but trying to escape his past and save the world of a little girl. Being in two different countries offered a comfort zone and forced the two to communicate in order to get to know each other. They eventually found a true, deep love that had been missing from their lives for too long. As the two begin to make plans to meet, Jonah gets yanked back to his past which threatens the happiness he has found with Syn. As he spirals into a depression out of his control, Syn learns that unhappiness has depths she had never imagined.

Klair begins having a recurring dream which bypasses both her real world and her cyber world personas. In her dream she finds a peace that she is longing for, yet a certain death is the final answer in a moonlit pool. The dream starts invading her reality and the more her heart breaks at Jonah’s withdrawal, the more the dream pool calls to her. Jake won’t listen to her as she struggles to fight the pull. Her daughter and best friend tell her to avoid the call of her subconscious. Love is the battle, a dream is the battlefield.

This is my first attempt at a full length novel and I appreciate your time in reading this letter. I am a middle aged ‘empty nester’ who is finally taking the time to pursue some of the stories that have been floating in my head for years. Thank you for your consideration of my story.

Sincerely,
Laurie Blaze
© Copyright 2013 Stormi (laurieblaze at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1926663-Query-Letter