*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1946130-Choices
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Psychology · #1946130
Choices we make and make us


What I believe is that everyone has choices and their choices define their character which creates their personality. Of course, environmental influences are also part of the equation. Also you are born with certain tendencies from genetics and instinct.



It all combines in a mixture unique to each individual and no two, though similar, can be the same. Everyone makes choices everyday adding to our personality portfolio. Doesn't matter what the situation is, dodging a squirrel in the road, holding a door open for a stranger or parking in a handicap space. Its your choice. You may weigh the pro vs. con in your mind or just choose involuntarily.



There are anomalies that can change us. Occurrences out of our control that contribute good or bad to our lives. We aren't given a choice. This has a huge impact upon our psyche. In bad situations not being able to remedy this can impair us to the point of infirmity. Dealing with this can be so painful it creates a handicap no different than a physical limitation.



To be forced into servitude is a raping of the mind. Mental of physical abuse can destroy us if we aren't strong enough. Hearts jaded and left scarred from torment create vaults of impenetrable apathy. Only patience and time, goodwill, trust and Love can possibly salve such tortured souls. It's a choice to allow it a chance.



So, our history teaches us, molds us and defines us to a point. Not saying we have to conform to it! Its possible to overcome and change directions in spite of ourselves. I'm not a genius but I do ponder a lot on things and everyone is entitled their own opinion. Until I'm shown and convinced otherwise, I choose to accept it.
© Copyright 2013 glowbaby (glowbaby at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1946130-Choices