*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1963981-Recycled-Advice
Rated: E · Other · Family · #1963981
Mother knows best
There comes a time in our lives when personal problems consume, stress, and almost make us sick. As women, we try to put on a happy face and pretend that nothing is wrong, but then your mother does her magic and picks up on the problem.
When I was younger my mother always knew when I had a big problem with friends or school.
Then when I got married she seemed to always know when things were going wrong and was there to help me get through it.
When she passed away I wasn't sure I would be able to solve my problems, but the skills she used were passed on to me and I didn't even know it. As my daughter grew older, the process was repeated and passed on to her and her children and family.
As the elder in the family I was supposed to handle any and all problems that came my way, but boy was I ever wrong.
Being remarried in my later years came with a whole new set of problems which I tried to handle on my own.
I thought I was supposed to be strong for everyone else and not burden them with my personal situation.
Much to my surprise, my daughter saw right through my situation with her magic intuition. Now she was giving me advice and reminding me of all the advice we had gotten from my mother. It had been recycled and used many times and pulled us out of some unhappy situations. When the "light" went off in my head, I had to smile, and I knew everything was going to be alright because the women who had gone before us made it just fine.
All things can be worked out when you have family who loves and helps you.
© Copyright 2013 50's Child (busytexaslady at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1963981-Recycled-Advice