*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1966363-Fairy-Tale-of-the-Modern-Day
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1966363
Remake of Snow white, including sleeping beauty and Rapunzel.
 


" RAPUNZEL, DO YOU THINK YOU'VE BEEN IN THE BATHROOM LONG ENOUGH? HE'S A GUY, NOT BRAD PITT!".
I hollar. Dang, Rapunzels' been in there more then 30 minutes getting ready for a date with Tom. Ugh. Don't even mention the devils name. I hate that guy, with all legitmate passion. Hes' nothing but a snobby, stuck-up, necromaniclal stud on a 20 year-olds body.

I'm Snow white. You may remember me from the countless fairy tales you were read to as a child. And I imagine that you've heard the same story over and over again, never failing to repeat the events in chronological order every excruciating time. You probably expect to here the same story now. But guess what? You're not. Heck no. There are no dawrfs that resemble large prunes or evil stepmothers who admire temselves in a mirror once every 5 minutes. This is definitley not a fairy tale. At least, it's not one that always ends in "happily ever after".

------
I was 13 when my father left. He literally left behind everything he had. His wife, his 5 children, his belongings, his mother and father, his beloved Dog Amberly. Everything. He just up and left, no word, no goodbyes, no anything. Just gone. He took his whatevers and walked right out.
I remember that day even now, at 22 years old, 9 years later. And believe me, I wish I did not remember. After all, who wants a constant reminder of their childhoood pain. Let me rephrase that: Fatherless, childhood pain.
But this story is not about my drunk of a dad. It is not about my pain. This is the story of a girl learning the difference between love and lust.
__________________

The beginning
Ch. 1

The road was long, the sky was dark; Illumination offered by only the faintest glimmer of light from the moon. The air was nippy, chilling me to the bone.
© Copyright 2013 Addie Quinones (addiequinones at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1966363-Fairy-Tale-of-the-Modern-Day