*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1972042-Dear-Me-hooves-Circa-2014
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Inspirational · #1972042
So, it is a new year. Let's make some TENTATIVE plans.
Dear Me, hooves.....

For a writing bull, you are way too superstitious about these first of the year things.

It is because of the past. Many times you have resolved to do many things. Many times you forgot or lost track because you were too busy living. That is okay to do that. Forgive yourself for being somewhat human in some respects.

You have even stuck to plans for six months (in 2011) only to get blown out of the water with health care emergency matters that lasted until the end of the year.

Is it a coincidence that it all started to fall apart on 6/6? Try to tell yourself it is even though you believe in evil demon dates, being Irish and all.

Now, you are afraid to set goals because you are afraid something catastrophic will happen again.

So, instead of a list of goals, I will give you a few general things to strive for. If we do not call these goals or a resolution, there will be less chance of bad luck happenings.

Firstly, try not to be so afraid of change. Change can be positive. Try to learn something new each week. There is a lot you do not know about images, creating them and the mechanics of everything involved with them. Sometimes it is okay to admit that you do not know (even if it is just to yourself) and try to learn.

Second, try to be more forgiving and give humans the benefit of the doubt. You never know what is going on in any one else's life, do you really? You only assume you know and that their behavior revolves around you and your barn. It is all you, hooves, all day long. So, settle down with that.

Third, continue to write snail mail faithfully to your Aunt. If she, at 90 years old, can write to you every two weeks, you can surely manage to write to her twice that often. She knows more about baseball than you will ever learn.

Fourth, try to forgive Direct TV for not carrying The Weather Channel. If you can't forgive, get an antenna and try to do it free for a while. You and Mr. hooves have Netflix now and you watch that most of the time. Maybe it is the year to stop enriching Direct TV.

Fifth, try not to pay attention to politics. You know there is good and bad on both sides. They all fib to get into office and then spend the time explaining the lies rather than doing much. Try to appreciate and forgive those who sincerely try to accomplish something. Try not to let it all raise your blood pressure, so you do not have to go to the Doctor (except for blood pressure checks) this year.

Sixth, do not scream, moo and howl at the TV anymore when Downton Abbey is on. It is just a show written by a man, who continues to abuse his nicest character, Anna, and reward his dumbest character, Robert.

Seventh, continue to play the lottery in case you might win and write one more thing on this list because "8" is your luckiest number.

Eighth, try to enter the monthly contests when you are not judging. You have made a great start with this list and overcoming your fear in order to write an entry.

Good job, hooves! Stay warm this winter and enjoy your hay and cider snack.

Love,

hooves


WORD COUNT = 581 Words



© Copyright 2014 ♥Hooves♥ (4provinces at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1972042-Dear-Me-hooves-Circa-2014