*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1973243-Hall-of-Fame
Rated: ASR · Documentary · Family · #1973243
You can be standing in the Hall of Fame.
They all say "You can be the greatest." They all say, "You can be the best."

Still, words only get you so far. I struggled with writing for many years, trying to teach myself and put all my childhood adventures on paper. Every child has adventures through the act of 'pretend', weaving incredible stories. Regrettably, many of these stories fall to the wayside and become forgotten, never to be told again. They forget the action, the adventure, the suspense, and the sheer thrill these stories played out in their own back yard.

I am among those who remember those adventures and yearn to put them to paper to share those stories with others. Many children play pretend then move on, forgetting what their young imaginations bring to life in their little corner of the world. Through this, I remained determined to write my stories to share my childhood adventures of pretend with others in hopes that it will spark memories of their own childhood adventures and share them in turn.

For a while, even after discovering Writing.com, I thought that dream was too far in the distance for me to reach in my lifetime. Only this video returned that spark of determination as everyone's goals are born from childhood dreams. Whether it be ballet or boxing, as seen in the video, Hall of Fame by Script, we can all be champions if we dedicate ourselves to our goals. It was due to this video that I started searching for ways to improve my writing to reach my goal of sharing my childhood stories with the world.

Many of these childhood stories are in the form of the interactive stories on my portfolio. I found this to be the greatest form of sharing those stories as others can share in those adventures, creating more stories, keeping those childhood adventures alive. The greatest leap towards my goal was through P.E.N.C.I.L. on Writing.com. Their services opened my eyes to resources I did not know were out there to improve my writing.

In closing, You can be the greatest, you can be the best. Dedicate yourself and you can find yourself in The Hall of Fame!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk48xRzuNvA
© Copyright 2014 Scifiwizard Retired (scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1973243-Hall-of-Fame