*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1981542-Journey-Through-Genre-Alaska-Cruise
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1981542
I am writing this for Journey Through Genre. A fictional travel trip on a Alaska Cruise.
Lila and George Eggert were finally taking their Alaska Cruise trip. They were in their fifties and had retired early due to getting an inheritance from Lila's parents. Lila was an attractive red head and George had white hair but was a handsome man. Lila checked things in the house. Everything was turned off. Her neighbor was going to feed her kitty Serena. Lila kissed Serena on the nose and George had just finished putting the suitcases in the car. She locked the door and got in the car. They were going to leave the car at Midway Airport and take the plane to Seattle Washington and then board the ship. They backed out of the driveway and got unto the highway. The drive was quiet until they got into Chicago. The traffic into Chicago was terrible. They lived in a small town and were like "Green Acres" TV folks. They weren't city folks. Cars weaved in and out of traffic and drivers honked and gave half a peace sign. Finally, they were at the Airport. They parked the car and the car was going to be there for five days. George and Lila got on the shuttle bus with their luggage and to go to their Airline Station. The driver drove too fast and Lil was glad to get off the bus. George and Lila got inside the building to get their boarding passes. They got them and it was time to relax. They got Starbucks coffee and donuts, Lil went shopping. She found a cute photo album with a tiger on it. She would use this to scrapbook. It was time to board the plane. George and Lila got in line and got into the plane. The flight attendants were friendly. Lila got nervous thinking of plane crashes but George held her hand and they found their seats. With everyone aboard, the plane took off. Lila hated this part. She felt that they were going faster then the speed of light. Now, the plane was in the air. Lila read her book. She loved reading romance and this was a paranormal romance book.

Thunder rumbled and now it was storming. The plane rocked back and forth.

"It is alright, Lila, Dear. The pilot knows what he is doing." George patted Lila's hand. The storm quit and all was quiet. The plane was going to land. The wheels came down and the plane was on the runway. It was going so fast.

"George, the plane missed the runway!"

"Lila, the plane is on the runway. Relax."

The plane stopped and George and Lila got off and they had a Hertz rental car waiting for them. The car shook and Lila was fit to be tied, Seattle was beautiful. She loved seeing the Space Needle. After the cruise, George and Lila were going to Forks, Washington. She would live out her "Twilight" fantasy. The car got them to the ship. It was called "The Princess." It was beautiful. Just like "Titanic." Lila was nervous again. Lila isn't good at traveling. A friendly lady gave them their passes and George and Lila got on the ship. They met the Captain. He looked like Clancey on "Here Come The Brides." The ship reminded Lila of "Love Boat." The ship was huge. There was a pool, shuffleboard, shops, an ice skating rink, a mountain climbing device and Lila looked over the ocean. This was Paradise. She was so ready.

The ship's whistle sounded and the ship took off. George and Lila waved to everyone on shore. The ship was floating out to sea. They got away from the city and could see mountains and icebergs now. Lila did some shopping after she saw all the sights and she bought Alaska souvenirs and she found an Alaska Cruise Scrapbook. The Captain announced that they were going to see whales. George rang Lila on her cell. He took pictures of everything while she shopped. Lila came up on deck and the ship stopped. Whales! They were huge and beautiful. Were they gray or blue? Lila leaned over to get a better look and she fell! Passengers screamed. Lila landed on a whale and he flipped her gently back on deck. George was relieved. Everyone asked if she was alright. She was. She had managed to pet the whale as he rescued her. George had even got a picture of her and the whale. Her kids would love it. The passengers treated her like she was a star.

George and Lila did the fake mountain climbing thing. Lila loved it. The food was good and Lila shopped until she dropped .The ship was stopping at a town called Wolf Pointe. The passengers had three hours to tour and had to get back on the ship. George and Lila got off the ship and George made sure he had his camera. They went to the shops and bought fudge, cookies, T-shirts and key chains. They saw mountains and woods. They walked into the woods and there was a moose.

"George get his picture."

George took a picture of the moose but he hid behind a tree. Lila gave the moose a banana and he ate it. She got to pet him. The moose left. Lila turned around and came face to face with a wolf. The wolf growled and was getting ready to pounce.

"Lila, be careful! Don't move!" George was nervous.

"George, what is the matter with you? I love wolves. Wolves are my favorite animals." Lila held out her hand to the wolf. The wolf waged his tail and licked Lila's hand. Lila got to pet him.

"George, did you get a picture?"

"Yes, I did. Lila, you must be an animal whisperer. I can't believe you charmed a moose and that wolf."

Just then there was a grizzly bear in the water getting a salmon.

"George, get his picture."

George was taking pictures. Lila got too close to the bear and fell in the water. The bear was coming after Lila. Lila couldn't charm her way out of this one. George kept yelling but taking pictures. George and Lila aren't your normal couple. Lila threw salmon to the bear but the salmon were so slippery. The grizzly would catch them and eat them but was still trying to get Lila. Just then a man yelled at the bear in a foreign tongue and the bear left. A Alaskan man nodded at George and Lila.

"You saved my life. How can I thank you?"

"No thanks needed. You were brave. I am Lakoda."

"I am Lila. This is George. I think we are lost."

Lakoda motioned for them to get in his canoe. George and Lila got into the canoe. Lila just about fell but Lakoda grabbed her. He paddled the canoe and took them to town. They thanked him.

Fran, a young blond passenger asked them where they had been.

"I fed a moose, befriended a wolf and a grizzly almost got me but an Alaskan Native saved me."

"She is kidding, right? asked Fran.

"No. I got pictures to prove it." George smiled.

"Lila, you are amazing." Fran smiled.

"No. I am just enjoying my cruise." Lila had been lucky today.

It was time to get back to the ship. George and Lila had been loving this cruise. Now, the ship was headed back to Seattle.

"I can't wait to go to Forks. Maybe we will meet the Cullen family, Jacob and see vampires and werewolves." Lila looked all dreamy.

"Lila, Forks will be like any other town. You already met a moose, wolf and a grizzly. I, for one hope Forks is quiet."

"Let's get rested up and in two days, we will be in Forks. Make sure the camera has plenty of film,."

"I will, Dear. George wondered how the trip to Forks would go. Life with Lila was never boring.

1,320 Words

© Copyright 2014 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1981542-Journey-Through-Genre-Alaska-Cruise