*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1986396-Palm-Sunday
Rated: E · Other · Religious · #1986396
whats Palm Sunday? how do Filipino's celebrate it?
Its Palm Sunday today, this is the start of the Holy week here on the Philippines..every Christian Filipino will go to the church with their whole family and bringing their own "palaspas" (palm leaves designed in different ways) to get it blessed by the officiating priest. The priest will bless it while all the people are outside the church and while they are waiving it in the air then they will all enter the church.. this commemorates when Jesus Christ entered Jerusalem, according to the Bible, the people laid palm leaves on the road and some wave it in the air while he's entering the city..



"Palaspas" also shows the artistry of the Filipino people cause they can use the palm leaves in different designs.. some people believe that there houses or wherever they dwell will be blessed and protected from Satan's evil doings if there "palaspas" will be blessed then put it in front of their doors, beside it, or at the altar of their own places.



Lets celebrate Palm Sunday and the Holy week in a good way! *Smile*
© Copyright 2014 spider21 (spider032181 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1986396-Palm-Sunday