*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1988758-Walking-in-Grace
Rated: E · Prose · Spiritual · #1988758
How is it possible to survive the pain of this world? Four women have found the answer.
Walking In Grace

I have a friend. She has survived the darkest night of the soul, enduring in these past few years the loss of two sweet gifts whom she and her husband will never know on this side of Heaven. Yet in that darkest of places, she refused to shake her fist against God. Rather, she clung to His hand as tightly as she could, acknowledging through grief that God is good. Always. I have watched, and I have seen her mourning turn to dancing through hope in a God who brings all things to His glory.

Yes, I have a friend who walks in HOPE.

I have a friend. She has devoted herself to loving a man who carried deep scars from a previous marriage. Despite the struggles they have waded through, she has poured out her love on her husband and the sweet little boy whom she adores as though he were her own. I have watched, and I have seen an endurance to her devotion which comes from the Power of Christ within her.

Yes, I have a friend who walks in LOVE.

I have a friend. She and her husband have recently said goodbye to all that is familiar and have moved to a new place. Despite the shaky ground on which she is walking right now, she is moving with confidence. I have watched, and I have seen her face the unknown with a peace that passes understanding.

Yes, I have a friend who walks in FAITH.

I have a friend. Her smile is filled with sunshine. She and her husband have been through several life changes these past few years--some wonderful, some challenging, and some a mixture of both. I have watched, and I have seen that from her family to her patients, she blesses all those in her keeping with her contagious smile.

Yes, I have a friend who walks in JOY.

Surrounded by this great cloud of witnesses, I have seen that those who claim Jesus Christ as their savior are being transformed into the people of God they were always meant to become. We are called to be Light-Bearers--to display the qualities of our Lord who made us and redeemed us.

For myself, I am every day swept off my feet by the grace God has given me. He has broken my chains and called me his own. A daughter of the King. I have been called to walk in GRACE and to share this sweetest of gifts with those still ensnared in darkness. There is now no condemnation for those whom Christ has freed.

Amazing GRACE...how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me! I once was lost, but now I'm found.

I was blind, but now I see.

© Copyright 2014 Megan Clemons--Romantic Drama (mclemons555 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1988758-Walking-in-Grace