*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1990550-Flowers
by Leigh
Rated: E · Short Story · Activity · #1990550
Give a sentence project
Written for May prompts
What are we going to do with all these flowers.
Word count 177




"What are we going to do with all these flowers?"

"Let them wilt", replied the bride.
They were beautiful as they matured in the ground, but now their appearance represented her plight.  She wanted to float away in the breeze like some of their petals where doing now.

Her decision was a heavy one, but she had made it.  Broke her promise to be his wife.  She couldn't stand there and pretend.  She loved another.  Her heart knew, her mind fought it.  She stood alone surrounded by the fresh cut flowers.  Family and friends expecting a celebration, but she painfully announced its demise.  The quicker she said her piece the less it might hurt.  They all gasped at her declaration of another.  The voices fluttered in the air.  Her ears buzzed with the turmoil she had created, yet she knew it needed to be done. 

She is optimistic that her love for him could blossom and thrive.  Just like the flowers had grown she too would flourish.  For now though, she feels as fragile as they appear.


© Copyright 2014 Leigh (cutterzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1990550-Flowers