*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2008096-Plane-Crashes-Near-Jamaica
by ellenp
Rated: E · Bulletin · News · #2008096
Small plane crashes north of Jamaica.
A small U.S plane destined to Naples, Florida, crashed north of Jamaica this morning. A New York county official has confirmed that New York state real estate developer, Larry Glazer and his wife Jane were among those who were killed.

Early reports revealed there were three occupants on the seven seated aircraft.

The Socata TBM-700 light business and utility aircraft departed from Rochester, New York at 8:45 a.m. Eastern (ET.)

The plane was scheduled to arrive in Naples at 2 p.m. ET.

The Federal Aviation Administration reported that radio calls from the aircraft stopped at 10 a.m. ET.

Two U.S. Air Force F-15 fighter jets followed the small plane until the aircraft entered Cuban air space. When the plane was intercepted, the two fighter pilots noticed that the aircraft's windows were frosted and the pilot was slumped over.

The FAA is reporting the pilot of the TBM-700 and the rest of passengers were possibly suffering from hypoxia. Hypoxia is when the brain is deprived of oxygen and eventually causes death. This condition put the pilot and the other passengers in the TBM-700 an unconscious state.

The TBM-700 was owned by real estate firm, Buckingham Properties.

Larry Glazer was also the president of TBM Owners and Pilots Associations.
© Copyright 2014 ellenp (ellenp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2008096-Plane-Crashes-Near-Jamaica