*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2031512-Garden-Party--Ricky-Nelson
Rated: E · Other · Drama · #2031512
And finds no one recognizes him.
Garden Party Ricky Nelson

This song hit a chord. Ricky never became really big, but had a great fan base. I believe this is one of his last songs before the plane crash. From what I read, he wrote this song because his fans were fading. He had been asked to play at a party of one of his friends. When he arrived and began to sing no one paid any attention to him, hence the song. I can't say for sure is this is true, but I lived in Cali for awhile and I believe it is. When the plane exploded he really had gone so far down on the charts a lot of people did't know who he was. I thought this guy was great. He got out from under his mom, dad and brothers fame, and did his best to make his own way. I was heart broken when he and the others died.

Funny thing, my cousin and I were in a grocery market in Hollywood and she had her hair up in those huge rollers. While in the store Ricky and his wife came in. They were shopping around the vegetable section. You would have thought my cousin was going to faint. She ran and hid so they would not see her in her rollers. I could not help but burst out laughing because I didn't think they were going to single her out. They were shopping just like us.
© Copyright 2015 Lynda Miller (lmiller7569 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2031512-Garden-Party--Ricky-Nelson