*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2033287-What-is-Memorial-Day
Rated: E · Essay · Experience · #2033287
Memorial Day essay
What is Memorial Day

  What is Memorial Day that is a good question. Everyone today would tell you something different. Those people who are in sales will tell you that it is the weekend for the best savings. Those who are in food service would say it is just another day, customers come in sit, eat and leave, there are only more of them. Those people who have a for day weekend would call it national barbecue day, a day to barbecue and drink beer. Now if you want to know what memorial day really is ask a soldier.
  They would tell a different story. Those brave souls who who fought to keep this country free. Some left home just to fight and die for the country that they loved. They left their families behind, sometimes their leaving caused a lot of hurt feelings, but they made a sacrifice anyways. Then when things were at the worst and their brothers in arms were in danger they sacrificed some more and never made it home again to fix those feelings. They gave their lives so their brothers could live.
      So Memorial Day is a day to remember those who are no longer with us. To remember those brave souls who fought and died to protect their brothers in arms and to guarantee that the American people will continue to have their freedoms. Please take time on Memorial Day before the sales, before the barbecue and alcohol to remember a hero.
© Copyright 2015 Rick Goon (rickgoon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2033287-What-is-Memorial-Day