*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2053942-Just-a-very-short-piece
Rated: E · Draft · Other · #2053942
Just a short piece I wrote, all comments appreciated
One of my earliest memories I can remember was the view from the window of the apartment I grew up in. Most people would have laughed at what I considered a breathtaking view from our tiny 2nd floor apartment. The view to many would be nothing special or imaginative, just another city illuminated at night by thousands of people turning their lights on after a long stressful day at work. Their only intention being to eat and rest after the stresses the working day, each of them unaware how they fitted together to make something beautiful to the right pair of eyes, each unaware of how much of an influence they were having on the life of a small boy who they would never meet. For me no matter how many times I saw this, this giant dot to dot of lights which outlined the city and it's skyline, it was always mesmerising to me. It was a view into a different world away from my problems, a world I could escape to. I would come home everyday sit and stare out of that window for hours but for me it was a few blissful moments of escape in which I was free to do what I wanted to do and be who I wanted to be.
© Copyright 2015 Jake M Costello (jakecos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2053942-Just-a-very-short-piece