*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2056134-The-Proper-Adult-and-Child-Demarcations
Rated: E · Essay · Cultural · #2056134
This essay focuses upon the demarcations to which adults and children should adhere.
Adults should strive to be as adults, and children should grow and strive to be as adults. This society is founded upon European-American tenants and adults ought to strive to be as adults, according to those aforementioned tenants. Respect the proper demarcations that have existed between adults and children. I shall approach this topic with the focus upon European-American culture.

In regards to attire, adults should strive for more formality than that of children. However, it is comprehensible that attire should be proper for the situation. Nevertheless, as a general standard, an increase in formality over the dress of children should be obtained. Garments, such as the undershirt (t-shirt) should be avoided, if possible, as they are either underwear or the garment of children. In general, gentlemen should refrain from wearing short pants. Generally, the focus is on appearing dissimilar to children by an increase in formality over them.

The language of adults ought not to reflect that of children. Terminology utilized by children ought to be avoided by adults. Nonetheless, decency and Christian morality are also crucial. Therefore, strive for a balance in language, which is between decency and verbiage appropriate for adults. Avoid profanities, but also childish vocabulary.

Adults should expect that children refer to them by title and surname. Children ought to refer to men with the title of “sir” and women with the title of “ma’am” or “madame”. Parents should expect the traditional parental titles.

The main purpose is for adults to perceive themselves as adults and to respect their situation as adults. The station of children is to mature into adulthood. Simultaneously, they need to respect adults as distinct from them.
© Copyright 2015 Gentleman (daniel_eakin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2056134-The-Proper-Adult-and-Child-Demarcations