*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2062002-We-accept-the-love-we-think-we-deserve
Rated: E · Other · Opinion · #2062002
This was a self reflection of what today's society's meaning of "love" really stands for.

We accept the love we think we deserve,” Stephen Chbosky, “Perks of Being a Wallflower




Love has two extremes. It could either destroy you or it could save you; either way it impacts an individual greatly. Love is also the one emotion that could make a person vulnerable; for love is a raw emotion. It breaks people down to their core and strips them bare and it is because of this human beings accept whatever form or amount of the love they are given. Because they are afraid. They are afraid if they don't take whatever is given they'll lose it forever. Others feel if they give it fully it will destroy them completely. So they measure themselves and hurt anyways because they don't believe they are worth it. Why is that?

Why do people limit themselves when they are worth so much in this world? When you really sit down and think about it, we humans are so unique; we are the only ones of our species. We live in a planet where there is oxygen, we live in a world where anything is possible, we are surrounded by others who could communicate and share with us and interpret with us their way of being and their feelings; yet none of us are the same. We humans value others in our standards and sometimes we value them highly, but when it comes to ourselves we downgrade our way of being. We deserve to love, but mostly we deserve to be loved immensely for we are worth something extraordinary and out of this world. No matter who is devoted or dedicated to another, it will never be enough because we deserve it all and love is one of the things that could accomplish it because love...love is infinite.

© Copyright 2015 crazy socks (applepie123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2062002-We-accept-the-love-we-think-we-deserve