*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2062121-The-Best-Swordsman
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2062121
Only being the best on Tatima could save Kutan. And he wasn't the best.

The best Swordsman


     The sword fighter looked at himself in the mirror. He looked at himself – twisting a turning to make sure everything was on correctly. It was.

     “I’m about as ready as I will ever be,” said Kutan. Kutan was the second best swordsman on Tatima. He was going up against the best swordsman, Ethim, on Tatima. But this wasn’t just any sword fight. It was a fight to the death. And in a Death Duel a thick heavy chain was attached to each one of their legs.

     Why was Kutan in a Death Duel with Ethim? It’s because he was involved with the King’s second daughter - Corra. It wasn’t because King Jaslimic hated Kutan. In fact, he liked Kutan better than Ethim. But he had no choice but to announce the Death Duel between Kutan and Ethim.

     Kutan was involved with his second daughter. If it had been his first daughter, then there wouldn’t be any problems. But before his second daughter could get involved with someone the first daughter had to be involved with someone. That was the law on Tatima. And if he disobeyed that law then he would be the one to die that day.

     “It’s almost time,” said Corra. “Good luck.”

     “I’m going to need it up against Ethim.” Kutan kissed Corra. It was going to the last kiss he ever got from her – or anyone else.


The End?



© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2062121-The-Best-Swordsman