by Judith Allen
Thought for the new year to deal with the stresses with humor, hope and love.
|The Twelve (or so) Random thoughts for 2016
1. When I come to the fork in the road, I will take it.
2. Eat, drink and grab the tums.
3. It is time to stop neglecting the left hand notes on my piano music. They are there for a reason.
4. Dust off my easel, grab my sketch pad, tell my story, take a picture with no expectations except the joy of creating.
5. Don't drown. My swim strokes may be awkward. It is not a pretty sight, but I will keep treading and moving in the wonderful water.
6. Get off life's treadmill and jump on the one at the gym.
7. Don't be afraid to work, lift, move and be exhausted. Sweat. I know, southern ladies perspire, but Appalachian gals sweat.
8. Heal tears, pain, heartache and fear with love, gratitude, humor and laughter.
9. Give more than you take.
10. Add obscure holidays to my calendar. Did you know that today is Eat a Cranberry Day? And in some places it is National Cashew Day. Both sound delicious.
11. Gather savory moments while you may.
12. Remember to breathe - deeply and slowly of the wonder of life.
13. Follow the motto - A life lived in fear is a life half lived- in the face of all danger and uncertainty.
14. Pablo Picasso once said that it takes a long time to become young. Explore that concept vigorously.