*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2069959-The-Investigation
by QPdoll
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2069959
Write a story that includes the words: horn, weight, blood
Brendan and Dennis stood outside of the alley, away from the crime scene.

"Why did you let Michael horn in on your investigation?"

"He's done this to me before. This must have to do with something political - something that will put him in front of cameras. That's what happened the last time, but the case was also never closed and the perpetrator was never caught."

The reflection of camera flashes bounced off of Brendan' s glasses.

Two years ago Michael stepped in and took over a case involving a woman who turned out to be the sister of the State Representative. Since it was such a high profile case, he felt he needed to be the lead investigator.

This time the victim was the daughter of the Mayor of New Baden. Brendan was again pushed out of the lead investigator role due to the press that would be surrounding this crime.

"He must carry a lot of weight to be able to take over someone else's investigation. What are you going to do about it Brendan?"

"Nothing I can do. There are plenty of cases that need investigating. I can't stand that he can do this to me or any other investigator. But I'll tell you, if this case isn't solved the blood will be on his hands."


WORD COUNT: 218

© Copyright 2015 QPdoll (eager2write at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2069959-The-Investigation