*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2078564-HE-IS-MINE
Rated: E · Poetry · Children's · #2078564
A poem about the love of my life...my kitty cat.
Loveable is my new kitty cat. He's black and gold and he loves me back.
He purrs so loud that I can't even sleep. He gets more baths than me each week.

He kneads me like the dough for bread. He sleeps right next to me in bed.
He is my friend, my friend to keep. He sucks his blankets and falls asleep.
I am the only mother he knows. I found him abandoned when he was three weeks old. And here's a fact that no one knows...so soft his fur between my toes.

My Loveable is so very adorable. When he wants to get up in your lap, you can't say no and that is that! He plays with Handi-cat, they're pals. When he gets hungry, he just meows.

He really loves to be outside. He runs, he plays, he jumps and hides.
He wants to catch a bird someday; and I'll bet he might just get his way.
He caught him a mouse, the very first one, he played for hours, he had so much fun. But he finally grew tired and wanted a nap, so he left his mouse and found my lap.

It's just another day for him at home, where he's the hunter and loves to roam. I'm so glad I found my kitty cat, because he is mine and that is that!
© Copyright 2016 Duke the Fluke (readmreshwless at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2078564-HE-IS-MINE