*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2080053-My-tribute-to-author-Pat-Conroy
Rated: E · Documentary · Death · #2080053
Julius JE Thompson and Pat Conroy developed a relationship at the Decatur Book Festival
When I heard of the death of author Pat Conroy, recently, it was personal.

I was one of the Stage Captains assisting legendary author Pat Conroy during his book signings the last two Labor Day Weekends at the AJC-Decatur Book Festival at the First Baptist Venue in Decatur, Georgia!

Mr. Conroy was a humble man, very funny, considerate and patient with me as I held the crowds in check for his book signing. It was a wonderful experience meeting the national award winning author.

Mr. Conroy wrote the novel Prince of Tides, The Great Santini and many, many others.

When I was one of the basketball coaches at Winder-Barrow High school, our player Trey Yearwood, played the young man in the movie, The Prince of Tides. Mr. Conroy enjoyed this story.

Mr. Conroy was an incredible human being as well as a fantastic author. He gave all writer’s a great tip: “Go Deeper” in in your writing.

What an honor to assist one of America’s great Writers!
© Copyright 2016 Julius Thompson (jethompson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2080053-My-tribute-to-author-Pat-Conroy