*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2080310-New-Beginnings
by Angel
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #2080310
The story of a new start
She walked down that street again, she wasn't even aware until it was too late, that she was doing it. It had become a habit, she'd been walking this way for fifteen years, it was a hard habit to break now. Janine looked at the factory where she used to work, smoke still billowing from its chimneys, she wondered, just for a moment, at the damage it was doing to the ozone layer; if she was honest, she didn't much care. Her priority was getting to see her daughter and this was the shortest route, even if it brought back difficult memories; the times she was bullied, the day those women caused an accident that meant she would never work again.

Today was different, though, she wasn't thinking of herself, she'd had a call from Sherry to say that she thought her baby was on the way and she couldn't get hold of Jerry; it was often difficult to get hold of him at the Fish Market where he worked. Janine could drive but didn't have a car, so she was heading for Sherry's house so that she could drive her to the hospital. She walked into the tiny road, arriving at the door of her only daughter's house, turned the key in the door and called 'hello flower, I'm here'.

© Copyright 2016 Angel (angelglory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2080310-New-Beginnings