*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2086799-The-Rose
Rated: E · Prose · Nature · #2086799
306 words
The rose bloomed in unusual colors. And the way the sun was casting its glow on it now, every petal and every vein in them was boasting extraordinary shades of pink that she had never seen before. She paused for a moment watching the rose. It stood straight and tall exuding its confidence, knowing that no one could deny its alluring beauty. It seemed to soak up the warmth of the sun and wear it like a magic cloak.

She thought how the lovely rose reminded her of her own self in some ways. She had stood out among others for her own uniqueness. And no, it was not that she had blossomed such astonishing hues of pink, but she had been different in so many ways. Sometimes those ways made her wonder why she couldn't have just been like the others. It seemed so much easier. And yet, standing here now in the glow of this perfect rose, she reminded herself of the amazing life that had unfolded with the path she had chosen. That less traveled path that most just gaze down. She had left her footprints in it.... And with that still wore some scars from the thorns she came upon throughout her journey. But she could look at them now and remember how each one only made her stronger once they healed. And inside..she could recall how each had touched her heart and made her who she was today.

A beautiful rose.....enjoying its day in the sun, bringing a smile to her soft,full lips. She got up and went about her day holding the memory of those amazing colors in her mind, reminding herself that she could never regret taking the journey she had. It had really made all the difference just as Mr. Robert Frost so eloquently said.

© Copyright 2016 Girlinwhite (girlinwhite at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2086799-The-Rose